Project Thread: 1986 F250 “Farm Truck #1” Build Thread

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember that I said that Banks still sells all of the parts for this turbo? I just bought the crossover/Y pipe for a first gen Banks a couple of years back straight from them. It's not cheap, but I know that it will fit. You won't find it online. You have to call Banks and talk to a sales rep. I did and he emailed me a parts diagram. Then I called back and ordered what I needed from him over the phone. Kind of like we used to do in the 90's.

I’ll give them a call when they reopen on Monday

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember that I said that Banks still sells all of the parts for this turbo? I just bought the crossover/Y pipe for a first gen Banks a couple of years back straight from them. It's not cheap, but I know that it will fit. You won't find it online. You have to call Banks and talk to a sales rep. I did and he emailed me a parts diagram. Then I called back and ordered what I needed from him over the phone. Kind of like we used to do in the 90's.
Sounds just like Hypermax Engineering

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer. Banks Tech says that said they don’t carry any of those parts anymore, and can’t source a Y pipe. Said They’ll take a look and get back to me if they find something.

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made the leap to buy a timing meter from tinytach - the Model 3300S full kit that should have it all. As Grandma always told us: Do it right the first time, and then you won’t do the job twice.

You must be registered for see images attach

Amazon carries $80 injector pop testers with mixed reviews across all of the brands & models… so I figured it would be wise to buy one to try out. I won’t be holding my breath for the most accurate of PSI reads, but I’ve been surprised many times before

Between this and Russ’s hardline delete kit and fuel olives, a check valve, and some other odds and ends, this should button the truck right up and stay ready for work.

Last edited:

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The timing meter arrived today. I will see what I can get to this weekend. Depends on whether the truck decides it wants to play nice, too. The lift pump isn’t pushing fuel to the filter.

I swapped back to a lift pump and I’m coming from a cheap Amazon electric pump. The little $18 pump did well for what I used it for. Now that I’ve switched back to mechanical pump, the lift pump isn’t pushing fuel to the filter head.

Side story: My wife has been talking about a kitten for awhile now. More than a couple of weekends ago, I was working a landscaping gig with my brother & sister in law. She was off using the zero turn mower, and I mention to my brother that I hadn’t seen her in awhile, about 20 minutes. So we went looking for her, and we found her in buried in a distant corner section of the lot and she was going after something.

It turns out she was running the mower which scared a couple of kittens now scrambling away from a nearby shed. & After a whole affair, she managed to get one of them and brought it home.

He’s healthy, playful and gets along with the other cats very well. He had an eye infection when he was brought in, and it’s improved significantly since then. He’s up to date on his shots, and he’s FIV free.

They said he’s a very sweet cat who will sleep under her husband’s chin every night. He says it’s winter, so he doesn’t mind.

She’s done a great job rescuing him, and now he’s up for adoption.

With his dipped tail they said they had to name him Sylvester.

We’ll be picking him up this Saturday. We’re both excited to invite Sylvester into our family.

I think he’s going to fit right into our home that is getting full of rescue cats.

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a good YT video of a guy using this brand and it’s easy to find if you want to try looking for it. He seems pleased. My first impressions of the pump are positive, and we’ll see how well it operates in action. @tbowker

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We Found another 86 at the Yard today and I saved the T19 from the crusher. No way I was going to try and wrestle with pulling the 6.9 that was still in the truck, but it looked like a core motor. I’m going back tomorrow to grab the injectors and other misc parts off of it like the intake manifold and intake screen.

Does anyone need a part in particular? Maybe I will have time to pull it for you when I’m there tomorrow.

Murphy21

Reaction score
anybody know where i can get some first gen banks parts for a manaul turbo kit? need the pedastool and the y pipes thanks.