1991 F350 Crew Cab Diesel Dually Build - Project Brownie...

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any truck with dual wheels, can get something stuck between the tires. I have seen Dump trucks with a rock stuck between the tires going down the road. Very dangerous situation, If you ever come across one, stay way far away from it. The rock or object can come flying out like a projectile.
Working between the tires can/will weaken both side walls.

Years ago when I was working for the State, we had been out all night keeping the roads open with some bad storms. Trees down, mud slides etc... would use the Plows to cut up the trees and push them as well as slides/rocks off the road. What ever it took.

Got back to the yard 8am in the morning, was doing my paper work in the truck, the other had backed along side of me. I hear this Tink, Tink sound,,,and sudenly a large BOOM .
Roy was knocking a rock from the duals with a digging bar, and the tire exploded. He comes from behind the truck holding his hand over his ears with them ringing. Could have been worse.

Goat

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New-to-me rear bumper has had the front side wire wheeled, blasted, and painted. Still need to do the backside.

You must be registered for see images attach

bulletpruf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just posted a video of the latest - soup bowl delete, new wheels and tires (Hankook Dynapro AT2), engine oil and filter change, fuel filter change, CDR valve change (turned into a complete fiasco!), ZF5 oil change, Sterling 10.25 rear differential oil change, new vent tube and breather on the rear differential, and a bunch of other stuff!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media