WTB Clean ‘93-94 Ford F250/F350 IDI 4x4

tjonesdfw

Reaction score
We have been looking for a clean, rust free ‘93-‘94 F250/F350 4x4 IDI automatic for over three years without any success. Prefer a truck that hasn’t been undercoated, and has power locks/windows and cruise. Possibly open to a brick nose if it checks all the boxes and has the E40D but still prefer the 93-94. Everything we’ve found is rusted out, the wiring is a disaster, or they need extensive bodywork. Thought I would check here and see if anyone had any leads or other sites that folks post these trucks for sale. Located in North Texas and a cash buyer but not a dealer.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, the unicorn! She's a majestic animal, not sure she exist though. I think you're best bet would be a 81 Delorean with a flux capacitor and a trailer hitch. Then you could travel back to 1993 and preorder a 94 in the color you want and then fast forward to the delivery date and tow it back to 2023 and wow us all on oil burners here with your super clean low mileage one owner IDI. Good luck.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything wrong with a ‘92? Seems this checks all the boxes and has a turbo....

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything wrong with a ‘92? Seems this checks all the boxes and has a turbo....

HEY!!! We're supposed to be encouraging @Stu Bailey to keep his truck while he's on his hitch.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stu's truck is nice, but is it the UNICORN? I mean, is it reeaaaally the color you want? Or is it the color you'll tolerate? If it was the two tone teal or purple that Ford did back then it would be more........ bougie? IDK, grey seems a bit....... utility. I've seen a two tone teal crew cab dually locally....... UNICORN!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well......it's what I do.......but I tell you what!, I haven't mentioned cupholders once, didn't bring cupholders up at all the whole time I sabotaged this thread. And I don't plan on bringing cupholders into this discussion at all. I wanted to say something about cupholders not being in their list of wants, but I have refrained from mentioning cupholders at all in this thread. So don't blame me.......too much.

Last edited:

tjonesdfw

Reaction score
Unicorns for sure, as we’ve discovered. We’ve about given up entirely but just have a soft spot for mechanical diesels. Stu’s truck is pretty clean except that rear quarter and tailgate would need some work. Not sure I could sell it back though after what we plan on doing with one if we ever find it.

tjonesdfw

Reaction score
@tjonesdfw every old dog has a scar!! :bail

But inquiring minds must know your plans!! So spill the beans LOL
Mild restoration, complete rebuild or a turn key R&D motor, interior sound deadened with dash and doors freshened by OBS Interiors, Super Duty seat conversion, an E40D by Brian's Truck Shop, and straight axle swap up front. Everyone keeps telling me to just do it with a '94-'97 7.3 Powerstroke, but I cant help but think about how hard all the damn electronics will eventually be to get ahold of. Plus I can teach my boys to work on an IDI a whole lot easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online