WTB Clean ‘93-94 Ford F250/F350 IDI 4x4

tjonesdfw

Reaction score
They're unicorn hunters that are looking for the fountain of youth as well. The plan is to go mudding in the fountain with the unicorn.
They're definitely the trucks of my younger years too, but I'm also just sick of $80-100K trucks with 300 sensors and faulty emissions equipment, that spend more of their life in the shop than they do on the road.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mild restoration, complete rebuild or a turn key R&D motor, interior sound deadened with dash and doors freshened by OBS Interiors, Super Duty seat conversion, an E40D by Brian's Truck Shop, and straight axle swap up front. Everyone keeps telling me to just do it with a '94-'97 7.3 Powerstroke, but I cant help but think about how hard all the damn electronics will eventually be to get ahold of. Plus I can teach my boys to work on an IDI a whole lot easier.
@hacked89 s THX1138 truck is a fine starting point........ and then you don't have an electronic transmission to give you problems.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hacked89 s THX1138 truck is a fine starting point........ and then you don't have an electronic transmission to give you problems.
Thanks, the truck I’m selling is rock solid. I would drive it back and forth across the country multiple times without hesitation. I’m just harder on it in the description because I rather exceed people’s expectations than disappoint. It pretty much checks all the boxes except I don’t put automatics in any of my trucks. I could also “unfirm” the price by keeping X amount of components for my other stuff or spare parts depending on what someone is looking for.

I want the pain of 300 sensors on a new truck - the IDIs are too reliable and kind

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve also never bought a single vehicle sight unseen that the seller was honest, so I don’t do that to other people. As an example, the bronco project the used car dealer swore it was a slight trans leak. Guess what when it was unloaded across the county? 460 rear main seal leak and have to pull the engine to replace. I don’t sweat any kind of that stuff though, it just opened the door for the IDI bronco build 4 years earlier than planned.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve also never bought a single vehicle sight unseen that the seller was honest, so I don’t do that to other people. As an example, the bronco project the used car dealer swore it was a slight trans leak. Guess what when it was unloaded across the county? 460 rear main seal leak and have to pull the engine to replace. I don’t sweat any kind of that stuff though, it just opened the door for the IDI bronco build 4 years earlier than planned.
I can dig it. I've only ever bought 2 or 3 vehicles that would crank up and drive. And that's having owned a few dozen vehicles.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tjonesdfw did you find what you’re looking for?

I was browsing CL today (don’t have FB) and found quite a few factory TIDI’s. I searched the major cities working from Denver to PHX, the LV to OC and up the coast north to Seattle.

I guess search tempest would have worked well also.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jesus Freak and I thought the price was quite reasonable after the other outlandish ones I was seeing west of the continental divide.

Although still too rich for my blood!!

I wonder if I get a bounty, or a finders fee!!! Maybe they will buy one of the cheaper reg cab 4x’s and it will end up in my driveway!!! “I dream of genie!!”

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jesus Freak and I thought the price was quite reasonable after the other outlandish ones I was seeing west of the continental divide.

Although still too rich for my blood!!

I wonder if I get a bounty, or a finders fee!!! Maybe they will buy one of the cheaper reg cab 4x’s and it will end up in my driveway!!! “I dream of genie!!”
My suspicion is that you'll get a solid "add-a-boy"!

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds lovely and bumpy, Will the cup holders be up to the task of “container security” and “liquid containment”.......

Don't forget the 3-to-1 ratio...base to height measurement....

I had a small piece of expanded metal and I slapped it up on the dash...just to see if it would work for a c*******r base....

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the 3-to-1 ratio...base to height measurement....

I had a small piece of expanded metal and I slapped it up on the dash...just to see if it would work for a c*******r base....
WOW!!! Is the forum starting to edit c*u*p*h*o*l*d*e*r out of threads that aren't that specific thread?..............I guess so......

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote we k ill l the A.I. responsible for axing my post.
O r w e c o u l d a d o p t t h i s s t r a t e g y ....

L e t u s c h e c k....

:***: w t eff
Code:
( dunno bout this)
:flipa flippo ff
-Lame lame
:Whatever: j e r k o f f
:bs b. s.

Let's see what gets axed from the sites emogie list...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online