ZF5 crossmember question. I’ve looked everywhere..

olBlue

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m just about ready to start swapping in my ZF5 transmission but still don’t have a crossmember. My truck is a 1994 7.3idiT 4x4 with e4od in it. Now I’ve been searching just about every thread to do with a ZF5 and found nothing. So here’s my question: Since I have a F250 4x4 would I need a “F250” 4x4 ZF5 crossmember? Or a “F350” 4x4 ZF5 crossmember? I also see a m5od will work and c6 will work. Or are there other options that include modifying my own? I’m pretty confused at this point. Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does yours look like?
I like the F350 ones because they have better front driveline clearance

olBlue

Reaction score
I have to look when I get home Wednesday. Currently out of town for work.its hard finding the f350 4x4 one. I was told a F150 5spd would work as well but idont don’t forget sure. I just finished putting a dana60 Plus 1” block in my truck so now it sits 3” higher if that matters

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anything will work with the right amount of cutting and welding

You must be registered for see images attach

olBlue

Reaction score
I have no problem modifying haha might even make my own if it comes down to it. I just didn’t want to have 5 crossmembers bought just to see what one I need. Realistically shouldn’t a F250 4x4 ZF5 crossmember be what I’m looking for because I have a f250 4x4 truck?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realistically shouldn’t a F250 4x4 ZF5 crossmember be what I’m looking for because I have a f250 4x4 truck?

No because the Dana 60 sits higher. Technically, apart from rear overload springs and legal gvwr you now have an F350.

olBlue

Reaction score
Looks like I’m on a search for a f350 crossmember, thanks! I’ll update everything I do so there will be one more F250 ZF5 swap thread out there lol

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 92 F250 is an original ZF truck and I swapped in a Dana 60 last year. I added extra springs in front so it sits higher than a standard F350 and I don't have any issues with clearance on the original crossmember. I have another F250 with a ZF and Dana 60 swap and a 4" suspension lift. That one is a lot tighter because of the sharper driveshaft angle.

olBlue

Reaction score
My 92 F250 is an original ZF truck and I swapped in a Dana 60 last year. I added extra springs in front so it sits higher than a standard F350 and I don't have any issues with clearance on the original crossmember. I have another F250 with a ZF and Dana 60 swap and a 4" suspension lift. That one is a lot tighter because of the sharper driveshaft angle.

Do you happen to have a picture of your crossmember? Just so I know what I’m looking for.mines basically 1” higher than a stock f350 so the ZF5 F250 crossmember should work for me

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took these. Leaky transfer case is leaking :cool:

olBlue

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks so much for taking those. Just found a F250 ZF5 one for sale not too far away. Thanks!

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your lead doesn't pan out, I've got a zf5 4x4 cross member I'd be interested in discussing a swap for your e4od one.

CameronB

Reaction score
If your lead doesn't pan out, I've got a zf5 4x4 cross member I'd be interested in discussing a swap for your e4od one.
I know this was over a year ago, but do you still need an E4OD crossmember? I'm trying to ZF5 swap my '94 F-250HD and my donor trucks crossmember is rotted. My E4OD one is perfect with no rust at all. Perhaps we could swap if you still have it?

CameronB

Reaction score
Cameron; I sent you a PM, if you can, let’s discuss it there.
Checked your PM: You were 100% correct that I am unable to respond, so I have attached some pictures of my cross member here. It has 1 gusset on the driver side, and the passenger side just wraps around outside of frame. If our deal materializes, I will remove it ASAP and get it ready for shipping.

I also really, really appreciate you considering doing this exchange. My E4OD has been blown since I bought the truck (+3 years ago) and I've been trying to get everything to swap it for a couple of months now. Have been hard-pressed to find any junkyard ZF5 4x4's near me in general, let alone a useable cross member

Attachments

• cr1.jpeg
    cr1.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 18
  • cr2.jpeg
    cr2.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 17
  • cr3.jpg
    cr3.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Forum statistics