WTB steering column

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking for a good tilt steering column for my 87 F250.

I put this one in it with an aftermarket steering wheel, started grabbing, went back to the factory wheel, which seemed to fix the problem, and now it's doing the same. Feels like the thing is going to lock up while driving. Seems to have a lot of wear internally and I'd rather just find another one. I still have my non-tilt one, but have grown kind of fond of the tilt option. I don't need cruise or anything like that. The column I have had the cruise control option which I'm not using.

If you have a good one you want to sell reasonably, shoot me a pm.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scott-
i have a guy here in town who rebuilds my steering columns for me. he's not cheap but the work survives towtruck drivers. I swap them out the moment they get a little slop. Its alot cheaper compared to the column that gets completely destroyed. you will prolly be installing the last column in your truck if he does one for you. the amount of times a towtruck driver climbs in and out of a truck in one year is prolly a lifetime for your truck.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Calvin...
I wouldn't mind doing that, but I'm not sure exactly what I've damaged in this one either...are most of the parts available and replaceable?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have enough core columns that if there is something major, it's not a big issue. he's been raiding my cores also, ever since the yard his shop is at stoppped buying IDI generation trucks 5 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony