Full Access Member
Reaction score

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I am located in Maryland.

Any help would be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

The pics tell me you have the early heavy cast iron wheel flexplate combo. You can convert to the later stamped steel plate with the ring gear welded to it but... You will need the special crank spacer that replaces the heavy cast iron flywheel. I have two of those spacers and you will never find them anywhere. Ford or international no longer make them. Most any trans repair shop will sell you the replacement flexplate which is a much better part. You can try Brian at BTS in Leadhill Arkansas for the plates or the spacer too but they probably will be expensive. What part do you actually need for your truck. The heavy cast iron piece or the thin stamped plate with no gear on it. I have both pieces but the shipping for the heavy part might be costly. Those usually don't ever crack but the ring gear does wear out. Those can still be bought thru many locations and all you do is remove the bad one and heat up the new one and it slides of easy. Please pm me if I can help you with any parts if nobody else can. My thin stamped plates are new. or used.

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@icanfixall, The thin plate is the piece that I need. Someone posted an ebay link in this thread that appears to be the later wheel that requires the spacer. I do remember reading about that spacer being a rare and desirable item. I'll stay away from that expense if I can.

@Cincinnati Guy, Thanks for helping a guy out. I do appreciate the effort.

@Kb1jid, Thanks for the ebay link.

@91idi, Thanks for digging.

This is for my sons truck and all help is much appreciated. Certainly I am not the first to say this, but this OB forum is the best!

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Sorry for no reply. I can't find my spare. It was the cast one.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I found this on ebay but its sold. If this is what you want I have this exact item and will sell it for the same price as it was sold here inculding the shipping fee. Mine is also a new item. Please pm me if you want to talk. Your actually seeing this site is mostly interested in helping others. My suggestion is to upgrade to the newer flexplate with the spacer. It will cost more but you will find a replacement flexplate easier in the future. This stamped steel plate you need want is no longer available or made anywhere. In my previous post I stated that I have the spacers but no flexplate for the upgraded type but they are easy to find and far better than the heavy cast iron type. Good luck with what you choose.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160705937418?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

poppop

Reaction score
What part of Md. are you in.I have the flywheel with the spacer and ring gear.

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help guys. It means a lot to me for total strangers with a common interest to be so helpful.

I've made arrangements to acquire an original style flex plate from one of the participants here. Thanks ICFA.

Best regards.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got one if still needed, including the bolts. See pic, I think that is what you need. $30 shipped. PM me, don't look at the marketplace often.

Attachments

• flex plate.jpg
    flex plate.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 20