WTB: complete 40/20/40 adjustable seat track set for 1991 single cab F350

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learned the hard way that extended cab tracks are completely different. Anyone parting out a suitable truck with the parts I need? Will pay for shipping, obviously.

Got a nice set of 1995 extended cab tracks if anyone wants to trade! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are looking for the tracks that mount on the floor? I have a 90 f250 with a bench seat that I am parting out. Will those tracks work?

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my research, in order for my 40/20/40 seats to bolt in to my Regular Cab, I need the tracks/adjusters from a reg cab (if buckets were even an option) or a Crew Cab as the Super Cab pan is different. I have not yet determined if I could bolt the 40/60/40's to a stock bench seat platform, however I imagine I would lose the ability to independently adjust the driver and passenger seats.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely misunderstood your setup. Sorry man. If I find something in my endless search for cheap replacement parts for my two projects I will pass along the info. I will be heading to the U-Pull-It yard for a blue vinyl bench if I can find it so I may run across what you are looking for.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a swap to 40/20/40 in my crew cab. The seats and the corresponding track came out of a 95 regular cab. They will interchange.

I even moved my front Bench to the rear seat because it was much better shape.

Good luck with your search.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you driver and passenger seat move independently after the swap from a regular cab?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. There is a solid frame that bolts to the same location the bench bolts to. The center seat/console is solid bolted to that frame, and the two buckets have sliding tracks bolted to that frame.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scoured the pick-a-part yard yesterday and found several bench seats from 90-94 f series single cab family, but none had the "sub-frame" of which you speak. Only a track on either side with the wire running diagonal across to activate the track.
You must be registered for see images

I wonder if the subframe is a late transitional part on 96-97's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. The subframe will not be on a bench seat. It is under the 40/20/40 seat only. It allows the floor bolt locations from a bench, so the factory didn't have to build in multiple bolt locations, but you have separate moveable buckets. I will go outside and snap a picture of my seats. Hopefully that will give you an idea of what you are looking for. Also, seats from an extended cab will not bolt to this frame.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picture of the seat set I have.

You must be registered for see images attach

Seat slid forward.

Here is a picture worm sitting in the rear seat. You can see the frame that the buckets bolt to clearly with the seat still slid forward. You can also see the frame bolts to the floor in the location that the bench did.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40/20/40 must be a rare option in a regular cab as I did not see a single one in the yard.

Thanks for the pics. I will continue the search or maybe someone on here will feel sorry for me and hook a brother up.