King Ranch Leather Seats And New Carpet In The 94 F350 Crew Cab

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Ive always wanted to do this, but never found a good price, and couldnt decide how they would look with a blue interior:dunno. I found some blue leather seats that look just like your original ones that you took out, except they are leather, but still not sure if I like them yet. But great job on finding such a good deal on them, and great job on the install. They look awesome in your truck;Sweet

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much wiring do you have to do to make all the seat controls work?

Sorry, I should have included this in the first post.....

Not much to it on the power adjust part of it. That just takes a ground and hot wire in the harness under each front seat. I figured that out with a battery and jumper cables before starting the install. All the control switches are on the seat itself.

I grounded each seat to one of the mounting bolts, and for 12V I used the lumbar wire out of my old harness, which is on a 20 amp breaker in the fuse box, and was already wired in under the drivers seat. I extended it to the passenger side as well.

On the seat, solid black is ground, but if you get the wires reversed hooking them up, its no big deal the switch just works backwards.

The heaters are a different deal, and I don't have them hooked up yet. Here is my best understanding of how they work from what I have read off the web:

Drivers side harness has 5 wires in it: 1 of them is the above mentioned ground and 1 is the above mentioned 12V for the 6 way power. There is 1 other large wire (same dia as the ground and power adjust wire), and it is supposed to power the heaters. The other 2 are small wires. My understanding of them is one is to be powered from an ignition switched 12V source, and its purpose is to switch on a relay (in the seat) which will allow the large 12V heater wire to power the heaters. The other small wire is supposed to be a feed to the other seat to power it's relay.

The passenger seat harness only has 4 wires in it, 3 large and 1 small: It has all the wires from the drivers side, it just don't need the extra relay feed wire, as it doesn't need to send that on to another seat like the drivers side does.

I don't have the heaters working mainly because I just haven't took the time to try. I did run extra wires for the heater, a large 12V source wire to under the dash so that they can be on a different source than the power adjust. Also ran a small relay control wire from under the dash to both seats so that I can power them with a switched on source.

I should also mention that these are 2003 seats, and from reading web info there appears to have been a break at a certain year (don't know which) where the wires are different.

And.....If anyone can't follow this, go back and read it slow. :D If I can figure it out, anybody can!!cookoo

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Not sure about fords, but most vehicles have a hi/lo heat setting.
Of course that's being said without looking up any king ranch heated seat info. :dunno

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Had to bring this back up so I can find it later. I just picked up some new super duty seats for my dually....

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

you need to get them heaters working so i can wire mine......

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've wanted to put 6 way power Tan leather buckets in my brown truck for some time but can't find any for a decent price that are in any condition worth using. $500 for those is a steal.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
i to paid 500 for my amarillo seats. got front and back with console for front. wont be using that back due to mine just being an EXcab.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online