King Ranch Leather Seats And New Carpet In The 94 F350 Crew Cab

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 94 crewcab on 9-5-2012, and I didn't like the seats from the very beginning. The front was a Seatco custom 40/20/40 and was probably a nice seat when it was new, but new for it was long since past. Here is a pic of it after I removed it from the truck. (anyone want a cheap seat?)

You must be registered for see images attach

The back seat was what appears to be the factory original, and its in decent shape except for a few cigarette burns. When I started looking for seats, I really didn't know what I wanted, I was pretty sure that a nice used replacement seat wasn't going to be easy to find. So I got on the forums and started searching what other people had used, and somewhere along in all this I found a writeup where a guy had put King Ranch seats out of a Super Duty in his OBS crewcab Powerstroke truck. I thought well if they will go in that, they will go in my 94 also....

The next step was to look for seats, and I got on www.car-part.com and started searching wrecking yards. I found 2 sets within 3 hours of my house. I called on one set and the guy said their pretty good, but the drivers seat has a big rip in it, and he wanted $1000 for the set. So I called about the other set, which were out of a 2003 F350 and were also priced at $1000. The guy said that they were in pretty decent shape, have a few small blemishes, and the lid on the console is broken, but its just the hinge. I asked him to send me some pics as he was 162 miles from me and when he did, he said in the email that these seats had been around there for a while and if I wanted them he would take $500 for the set. I said I will be there the day after tomorrow!

Well, I went and got my King Ranch seats, and then I got to looking at the carpet in my truck and I decided that rather than try and clean that awful mess up, that I would see what new carpet would cost.

I found several online stores which sell replacement crew cab carpet, and I ended up going with Stock Interiors as they seemed to have a better selection of colors. The cost shipped to my door for the carpet with the better grade of backing was about $270.00 I don't regret spending that at all, as it made so much difference in the appearance of the inside. I told my wife I was glad I didn't try to clean that crummy old nasty carpet and attempt to make it look right with those nice seats.

Next step was to start the R&R on the carpet and seats.

Front Seat Out:

Both seats out, and you can see how awful this carpet is.

Then after ripping the old carpet out, I set the KR seats in to mark with a sharpie where to drill the mounting holes.

The new carpet took some cutting and fitting to install, and I removed the door sills and the front and the B pillar kick panels. Stock interiors has a video that you can watch to help, and I just took my time, cut a little at a time until it would fit whatever I was cutting around. I ran the wires for the 6 way power adjust, and for the seat heaters and then laid the new carpet over them.

Fitting new carpet.

The only alteration I had to make to any of the seats was to the front inside foot on the passenger side front seat. The trans hump is a little wider on the passenger side and with the way the foot is angled it didn't fit the floor contour. I just cut a notch out of it and flattened it out and welded it back. I used 7/16" bolts and locknuts and used the 1/4" thick 2" dia. fender washers underneath to reinforce the bolt holes.

Seat foot after cutting:

And closed up and welded:

I will have to say that I am very pleased with the King Ranch seats and the huge difference they and the carpet made to the interior of my truck. The seats were dirty as they had been sitting and they also had some pet scratches, and so I researched some more and found that lots of people like a product called Leather CPR. You can add me to the list of ppl who like that stuff, man what a difference it made to those seats and the console cover!!

Last edited:

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they heated and air conditioned? ;Really

I'm going to do the same swap, but I can't imagine why those seats were so expensive cookoo

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not air conditioned, just heated and 6 way power on both.;Really

I guess it's all perspective, but leather seats aren't going to be cheap....I think $500 is a pretty good deal on them myself.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Holy smokes that is nice :eek: Great job ;Sweet

As for the old ones mine must still be in good shape because I really like those. That said I'd trade for the King Ranch seats in a heartbeat :D

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
You keep those pictures to yourself! I don't need any idea LOL

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seats look amazing in your truck! Man I love the look of King Ranch seats and the true leather smell is amazing. I have thought about using King Ranch seats in mine but it isn't really feasible in an extended cab with that style of seat. Plus, my interior is gray and that would look slightly awkward. Does anyone know of any captain's chair type of seat that would be able to tilt forward so that it would work in an extended cab? What I am thinking is to just find some seats that work or even use my stock one and then have the reupholstered with some nice black leather. I would be happy with something like that as long as the leather isn't like the leather that is in my Excursion. That leather doesn't wear well and seems cheap. But anyway your interior looks good. Definitely can't beat the look and smell of King Ranch leather. :hail

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking into those seats I was seeing $3000 price tag. 500 I would do in a heart beat.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
500 for those seats is a Smokin Deal! Congrats and Great Job! I am jelous, been wanting king ranch seats for a long time now.

I am Interested in the seat you have for sale, just need a shipping quote. If you are willing to do that let me know.

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want front seats with nothing in the middle, two buckets, manual, if anyone knows of a pair! PM me!

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find on the cheap seats and good work on the install. Thanks for sharing. ;Sweet

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am Interested in the seat you have for sale, just need a shipping quote. If you are willing to do that let me know.

Well that old front seat looks ok, but its weak in the middle on both sides. In other words what I'm saying is that you are sitting in a hole on both the drivers and the passengers side. So, it'll probably cost more to ship em than what their worth.

But if you really want it, send me you zip and I will see.....

Where did you get them for 500? I want to do the same swap!!!!

I just searched for em on the www.car-part.com website, found 2 sets within driving distance from me, these were at a salvage yard about 3 hours from home. Maybe they were more available in Texas? :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
440wagon

Staff online