Dewey For Sale - 1991 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I haven't been on here in like a thousand years and now that I am back, I'm putting "The Dewey" up for sale. I'm sure there are a ton of new members on here that aren't familiar with the truck so I will try to give a rundown here. I have owned the truck for about 8 or 9 years and have done a bunch of stuff to it in that time. I re-did the truck about two years ago and have a picture diary on facebook to show that. The reason I'm selling her is we used to pull a 30 ft tag along camper but we sold it and the truck spends a lot of time sitting and that just isn't right ....so anyway without further ado....

In no particular order details of the truck....

1991 Ford F350 Dually IDI with ATS Turbo $6500.00

-a ton of the mods that you see on here all the time
- Brighter, Whiter headlights
- new big gauge wire to control the glow plug controller
- put fuse block under hood to help handle electrical loads
- three gauge pod pillar with boost, trans temp and egt gauges painted to match interior
- Perma-cool transmission filter and cooler -- also hooked the stock cooler back up! Actually I almost think it may be too cool now...lol..j/k....but the needle barely moves now even under heavy loads!
- As Travis used to say all the time - she is now bottle fed, I added the coolant filter with all the plumbing etc.
- also added the heater bypass to keep the hot coolant out of the cab during the summer while running the A/C.
- A/C has also been converted to 134
- Hadley horns
- Keyless entry! That was a bear but well worth it!
- electric sliding rear window
- backup camera with screen
- as part of the re-do I put in brand new seats front and rear with folding center arm rest that can be raised so you can still carry six folks
- monster size diamond plate tool box
- new Michelin tires with about 1000 miles on them....all 6 - bought after blow out - see below
- Chrome wheel covers
- also part of the re-do was new eyes (headlights/turn signals)
- Complete new paint in Charcoal grey

Ok now the bad stuff.....there is always bad stuff right?!

- Both tanks will not suck up fuel past 1/4 of a tank and most recently the sender quit sending on the front tank. I have been running off the
odo. The rear tank is still working properly.
- The driver side power lock quit working. I have a new power lock actuator.
- The rear electric slider has quit sliding! Lol....not sure what is up there, prob needs to be oiled, there is an oiler hole.
- Needs driver side rotor, stops as it should but I'm including this in the bad list because I really should have put a new one on when I did the
brakes last but you know how that goes..
- The hearbreaker bad.... A few months after I re - did her I was towing the camper and while on the interstate the inside passenger side dual blew out taking out the mud flap, running board, exhaust and cracking up the fender on the passenger side. Broke my heart to say the least.
I was semi watching out for a new fender to replace or I was going to fix the existing fender. I also straightened the running board the best I could. I will include pics below of what it looks like today. I was actually contemplating removing the running boards all together if I kept the truck but I will leave that decision up to the new owner.

Thanks so much for looking and reading my long for sale ad! Tell me what you think, good and bad. I'm not entirely sold on selling her, I have a LOT of sweat equity in this truck and she has been my baby for a long time, so this is also like putting feelers out there. Anyway that is why I say tell me what you think good and bad.....price too high? Fix this or that before selling? Take off running boards? Tell me where you want to meet me, I can throw my bike in the bed and meet someone to help with delivery!

Thanks again!

You must be registered for see images attach

Heartbreak pics...

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's been a couple weeks so I thought I'd bump her up to the top. Anybody got something smaller they would like to trade? How bout an IDI Sport Trac??!! LOL. I am looking for something smaller but still needs to be able to carry the family. Thanks