WTB: 7.3 idi Injector pump.

bblaweless

Diesel Kid
Reaction score
Need a a replacement injector pump for my 1992 7.3 idi....
hoping to find one in decent condition with minimal km.....
please let me know what you have, mine was damaged the last time i pulled it, and i now have a fixed fuel rate (too rich) .....my egts are stupid high at stupid times.

on a budget so i cant afford anything too fancy.
truck is NA

let me know what you have :)

cheers :Thumbs Up

Benny

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here this!
First is my blanket statement given when someone states " I just put a good used pump on"
NO ONE pulls a good servicable pump.
You could get lucky however these guys wont sell ya a rattlecan rebuild for stoopid money, so yer safe there.
Might I ask what happened to the existing pump?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pump off a 94 turbo engine. It was supposedly replaced 500 miles before engine was pulled. I heard the truck cold start and run, even though the cylinders were trashed.. Pistons actually moved around quite a bit!

Pump seems like a good quality rebuild from a shop in St. Louis Missouri. It's not from a parts store.

200 plus shipping? Do you have a shipping address in WA you can use? Might be cheaper than Canada.

bblaweless

Diesel Kid
Reaction score
I have a pump off a 94 turbo engine. It was supposedly replaced 500 miles before engine was pulled. I heard the truck cold start and run, even though the cylinders were trashed.. Pistons actually moved around quite a bit!

Pump seems like a good quality rebuild from a shop in St. Louis Missouri. It's not from a parts store.

200 plus shipping? Do you have a shipping address in WA you can use? Might be cheaper than Canada.

would definitely be interested....need to sort out some cash first. sadly i dont have an address in WA i can use:(

The current pump....i was adjusting the fuel when i first swapped it in. broke the screw off inside the pump body (the cover plate adjustment screw)

tried to extract it, no dice....so i pulled the pump again, layed it on its side, tightened down the one side then dropped a big glob of jb weld on top. has been running fine/not leaking since...just a little rich, and with it lacking a turbo its not hard to get my egts over a grand with a load n grade....big bummer

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you ship general delivery to a post office?
You would need to pick it up in person.
Only issue MAY be out of country deal.
Iirc we used to do this traveling, ship a package to yerself and pick it up down the road.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would definitely be interested....need to sort out some cash first. sadly i dont have an address in WA i can use:(

The current pump....i was adjusting the fuel when i first swapped it in. broke the screw off inside the pump body (the cover plate adjustment screw)

tried to extract it, no dice....so i pulled the pump again, layed it on its side, tightened down the one side then dropped a big glob of jb weld on top. has been running fine/not leaking since...just a little rich, and with it lacking a turbo its not hard to get my egts over a grand with a load n grade....big bummer

Let me know. It's just sitting there, and I am not trying to sell it either. I will hold on to it for a short while before I offer it to anyone else.

Dogbrain

Reaction score
I have a 7.3 turbo pump and a 6.9 pump. Let me know if you want either, you should be able to run 6.9 pump on a 7 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7