WTB: 7.3 idi engine, or whole 7.3 truck w/5 speed

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to see what is available. My truck is currently down and possibly going to need a replacement engine. So I am looking for a 7.3 idi with under 200k miles in good running condition for a decent price (1k or less depending on miles and condition). I would also consider buying a whole 7.3 doner truck if it is 4x4 and has a manual zf5 trans. If I were to buy a whole truck I would not want to spend over 1.5k so the truck could be in horrible condition as long as the engine and trans are in good working order. I'm in central VA. Please let me know if you have anything. Thanks.

*One other thing I would consider is a 7.3 idi truck with a 5 speed in decent condition to replace my current truck.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on the left bank so its way to far but i will try to post some local junk from c list so you can see whats out here.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To that end perhaps you could look into the transport ? Thread
On another forum we shipped a sidehack clean across the country via the members, complete trucks out here wont be under 1k but they wont be rusted either...

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another forum we shipped a sidehack clean across the country via the members, complete trucks out here wont be under 1k but they wont be rusted either...

Possibly, that would be quite an effort though.

I am willing to pay more than 1k for a full truck if it's in good shape and is a 5 speed. What I was talking about for cheap would be an engine/trans doner truck. Possibly something that has been wrecked or has a salvage title...something like that

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they are out there Carl, i bought my last one for 5 franklins!
it was a 2wd tho 108k on the odo.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the links, but if I got a parts vehicle I only want it if it comes with a 5 speed too. And the last two you posted are automatics, I'm only interested in a 5 speed as a replacement.

I appreciate your link. I'm on the fence about this one especially since you are all the way in TX, I'll PM you if I decide I am interested in it.

*I am planning to go look at a 89 dually this weekend*

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

I have a 93 7.3 idi with zf5 and transfer case. It's out of my project truck, was a running driving vehicle until car bent the front frame rail, now I'm putting a psd with zf5 and transfer case in. I live in 41141 eastern kentucky, I'd let it all fly together for 1k.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

I have a 93 7.3 idi with zf5 and transfer case. It's out of my project truck, was a running driving vehicle until car bent the front frame rail, now I'm putting a psd with zf5 and transfer case in. I live in 41141 eastern kentucky, I'd let it all fly together for 1k.
cover up the air cleaner lid if you don't want to fill up your motor with water. the air cleaner bolt seal is a known entry point for rainwater pooling on your lid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online