Wow, EVERYTHING LEAKS, did I hurt her?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Nothing beats a visual inspection of brake pads for wear. There are several other factors that will affect fluid level as you have found.

Unless your transmission was in gear while you were idling, there were no parts moving inside it. No damage done.

Older vehicles tend to leak, and when sitting for an extended amount of time they leak even more, for some reason.

The GF issue is your fault. Even if you had given her written instructions, a GPS and a sherpa mountain guide, it was your project. Anything that went wrong was your fault. That is how women think. Not that it helps, but if it were her project, it would still be your fault. Isn't life grand?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well I got the transmission leak conquered. I took the pan off, cleaned everything really well with paint thinner/acetone, washed the pan with soap and water, changed the filter, then put permatex on the pan in a nice thick bead, then a rubber/nitrile gasket, then another thick bead of permatex on the gasket. I then put it on and got a few bolts in, then put red thread locker on all the bolts and tightened them down real nice and tight, as tight as I could by hand. I know everyone usually not to make them too tight, but hell, the thing has almost always leaked too.

So after all that I let the permatex cure for two days then refilled and drove. Not a single hint of a leak, FINALLY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online