would you buy a uhaul truck???

snookwheel

Reaction score
Hi Tom. I bought the truck from a guy who bought it in Ca. for $7,200 and drove it to Fl. I bought it from him for
6K. It has worked out great. Here's some shots:
Living area: Microwave, 'Fridge, flat screen, DVD player, etc. AC unit is one of those R2D2 looking portable units (not in the pic) that vents out though a lockable hatch.

You must be registered for see images attach

The workbench holds a 25 gallon water tank, portable welder tools etc. Spare axles etc. A zero LUX camera (to keep an eye on the jeep when inside) is mounted above the power strip which feeds to a color moniter in the cab dash.

It has a 4 circuit 120 volt system or a full 12 volt system with twin group 31 batteries and a 1500 watt inverter. It also has a 4 gallon water heater. It can run off an RV hook up or a Honda generator I carry onboard.

The mother in law quarters above the cab is a great storage/bed:

Out door Bubba shower with hot and cold water.

Dash mounted monitor to keep an eye on the jeep inside and a camera mounted out the rear to watch the jeep on a trailer.

back section. The bi fold doors have to be open to fit the jeep inside. 4 9000lb. tie downs bolted through the frame.

And just so the neighbors know what it is for:

It's been a blast to put together. The air suspension drops the truck down 4" and some ramps do the rest.

Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
That is awesome. You are hooked up. Now it just needs a 4 X 4 conversion:rotflmao. Redneck version version of www.earthroamer.com. Fortunately for me, I have no toys to haul. I'd use the last 6 feet or so for my outdoor kitchen/doghouse. Or maybe a rolling studio for the photography business. Hmmm....

Tom

snookwheel

Reaction score
Thanks. We use it for our off roading trips. I sold my wife on it as a Hurricane escape vehicle. We can take the dogs and quite a bit of our 'stuff' if we have to evacuate. We live in a flood zone. I tapped into the air tank and put an air hook up in to run tools or air back up our tires:

It camps pretty good!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Thanks. We use it for our off roading trips. I sold my wife on it as a Hurricane escape vehicle. We can take the dogs and quite a bit of our 'stuff' if we have to evacuate. We live in a flood zone. I tapped into the air tank and put an air hook up in to run tools or air back up our tires:

It camps pretty good!

So does it have air brakes?:thumbsup:

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
FWIW we used to rent U-Haul trucks (as a dealer) at our pool store. NO ONE ever checked the oil, tightened a bolt or even put fuel in one! The area Rep, said "don't worry about that, the customers take care of that" !!!!!!!
I'm not saying don't buy one, just be careful.

Chuck

Haulinhazmat

Reaction score
My friend bought a used IHC u-haul it had new engine, tires, brakes. gave about 2200 for it. Just gotta know what ure doing.
my 02cworth yours may be wouth more

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online