working the bugs out

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I realized the other day when I pinched the wastegate line to the sidewinder closed and only hit 11 psi that something must be wrong. So, while FINALLY getting my a/c woorking, I took the time to pull the intake hat off, scrape out the RTV that I used to "seal" it to the intake manifold, and put on an O ring from Banks to seal it right.

I also unbolted the wastegate actuator to play with it. When I unhooked the rod from the wastegate, the gate actually closed all the way. No wonder I hadn't been able to hit 10 psi, the gate was always partially open.

Anyway, tonight on the way to my folks I canned it and hit 13 psi to the motor and the boost from the psd turbo got to 5.5 or so. EGT's never got above 500.

Crusing at 60 nets 5 psi 450 EGT
65 7 psi 450
70 9 psi 500 deg.

I think I have room to play.

More later.

Barney

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Great job ;Sweet . I have a question though, which turbo is going into which. Is the banks feeding the PSD turbo or the other way?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to put a DPS pump on that truck Barney? If its one of the good turbo cal pumps, it would probably get you the fuel you need...that along with a Holley Red.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Great job ;Sweet . I have a question though, which turbo is going into which. Is the banks feeding the PSD turbo or the other way?

Actually, it depends on which way you are looking. The exhaust goes first through the banks then the psd, the intake air goes through the psd then the banks.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Are you going to put a DPS pump on that truck Barney? If its one of the good turbo cal pumps, it would probably get you the fuel you need...that along with a Holley Red.

I haven't decided yet. For one thing I've called Ken 3 or more times a week for the last 2 months because he's supposed to give me some freebies for rally attendees, also I don't know if I want a stage 1 or a stage 2. The stage 1 is about a hundred bucks more than stock, and the stage 2 is about a grand. I want Ken to look at what I have and how it's done (plus, he built my motor, so he'll know better how it will hold up) before I buy a pump.

For now, I'm thinking about a propane system. Darrin Tosh put one on his truck and with a non gated banks he buries his 15 psi gauge.

Oh and I have a holley red. Just wish I could stand the noise it makes.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Holley red too, I can't hear it unless I'm out of the truck...maybe too many chainsaws and too much loud music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online