Wood u buy a high mileage turbo 6.9?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
From my experience, in Menard's, if you need help don't go find any employee. Most of them are college age kids who don't know much. If you really need help, you hang around where you can keep an eye on the computer in the department that you need help with. When someone goes over to the computer and starts using it, ask that person. That method can take a while, but never fails.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely agree about transmissions. I am always leery of autos, and I much prefer a manual anyway.

Me too, but I'd take a E4OD any day over a C6.

I have given a c6 a chance two time and both are sitting somewhere, abandoned the first rebuild and the second came rebuilt. Even tho have two different **** kit, a rebuid kit, billet r servo and e40d planetary set, still could not find the desire to repaire the last with a snaped band. They both got a manual in the end, they got a t18/t19 and was more happy with the trucks.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I completely agree about home depot. We don't have any Menards up here, but as far as "hardware" stores, the only local ones are lowes and home depot. There is a true value on the other side of town that I prefer to go to for odds and ends.I find home depot to have questionable lumber but a better layout, and lowes to have better quality lumber but no matter how many times I go there, I find myself stranded and immediately everyone disappears,lol. That is the nice part about the smaller stores like true value and Ace. They are basic and most of the time the staff is helpful, but they can be more expensive than home depot.

I like the true value down by my house, can walking in with a list and will be show where everthing is.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When someone goes over to the computer and starts using it, ask that person. That method can take a while, but never fails.

Also pay atention to the code that is enter in to the rotory racks like with wires so you dont have to ask someone.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just a bit shocked by the asking price on some of these vehicles, at least in CA. But since the pandemic officially kicked in, the number of pre-smog diesels for sale dropped by about a third If I can manage the logistics there are some nice rigs up in Oregon. I know the prices are better out of state but committing to buying a truck sight unseen has its risks. It'd be a bummer to get there and find some major BS.
If you find one in Southern Oregon I would be happy to check it out for ya!

Bluetent

Reaction score
I'm not sure this contributes to the thread..my first post...

. I've been following Copart. Found this with a search on their site just now.

1994 FORD F250 - Copart USA - Live Salvage Car Auctions -

https://www.copart.com/lot/39415601/clean-title-1994-ford-f250-co-colorado-springs

Hopefully the link works for you.

It's an IDI turbo 2WD auto stretch cab 154k mi sells Wednesday 'on approval', which means seller might reject the final bid and run it through again.

This one shows hail and un-specified mechanical damage, picts show clean and well cared for.

Might be a rebuild and run or just a parts donor.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It looks good body wise. I'd be wondering what the mechanical damage is. Maybe it needs glow plugs, maybe there's a rod hanging out of the side of the block.

77 F-250

Reaction score
What does the collective think about a 1988 F350 auto 4x4 with very low milage from a municipality? Less than 20k. From north east, some rust on frame but not like a plow truck.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
What does the collective think about a 1988 F350 auto 4x4 with very low milage from a municipality? Less than 20k. From north east, some rust on frame but not like a plow truck.
Is that by any chance the truck that came up for auction a few weeks ago in NY? One of the members posted the add, I believe it was @Fredrickson IIRC.

Rock

77 F-250

Reaction score
Haven't talked to the guy yet. Just wondering if sitting for a long time was detrimental. Other than rust, it didn't get repainted during the recall. Frame has flaky paper thick rust. I get hoses, tires and brake fluid will need to be changed. Any other thoughts?

Sergey

Reaction score
The owner's a very nice retired firefighter who thought he'd keep the truck forever but age, injury and circumstance have changed things.
This sounds very familiar (but me have nothing to do with firefighting). In fact this is exactly my plan to keep my truck the same way. And yes age etc. and circumstance change may happen

As for the high price, it is California price after all. And did he install Gear vendors too - that is expensive piece.