WMO in a 6.0 Liter ??

DragRag

Reaction score
I have been running waste motor oil in my 7.3l for a while now with no issues at all. I run 80% WMO and 20% fuel, I get minor smoke only on start up, and once warm there is no diference between the WMO and running straight diesel in my truck, which is an 01' powwerstroke all stoke except exhaust and intake, I will chip later on.

What I was wonder was, are there any guys using WMO in there 03' and up 6.0 trucks? I havn't really found any reading on this matter. I love my 7.3l truck, I have had many of them. I have had a couple 6.0 trucks to, and like the superior power of them, but with as tempermental as they can be, I would like to know who has had success doing this before I consider buying another. I am never switching back to running straight diesel, it is a complete rip off at the pump, and refuse to run it now. Your insight on the 6.0 issue appreciated in regards to running waste oil, ATF etc.

MikeyB

Reaction score
With the EGR and VVT I wouldn't do it. The higher soot level will prematurely clog the EGR and probably bind up the variable blades on the turbo.

MikeyB