wmo in a 03 Dodge Cummins common rail injection

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whin I get to 50% wmo and 50% deisel. My problem is constant smoke.
Anyone have ideas to reduce smoke. Added 10% unleaded to curent
mix will see how this does. Is there diferent injectors that would help
reduce smoke they all say they do but do they .Or any way to turn down fuel with amy programers on 03 dodges.I do filter to 2 microns before puting in tank.Allso the wmo has trans fluid in it to. The truck runs great just smokes.With deisel at 4.50 $ I can spend some to make changes to truck to make it work better. Allso does more lift pump presure reduce smoke curently run 5.5 to 7.5psi on original pump thinking of replacing pump. Any imput is needed. I can get rid of tailgaters very easy whin I step on it it puts out a Big Long Black cloud!
03 dodge cummins all stock except added fuel pressure gauge 133000 miles

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last tank 55 gal 50 % wmo/ trans fluid with 50% deisel .1st fillup
smokes allot 25 gal left in drum added 2 gal unleaded fiilled up
truck 2cnd time smoke cut way back . Smokes till warm and
a little pulling hills but most of the time no smoke. If I stomp on it
It goes big & black but goes away as soon as I let up.Looks like
unleaded is the only way to stop smoke.This is about 10 % of total
volume .Any one use unleaded if so what % do you use.Truck runs
very good on this mix.
03 dodge cummins common rail.

kwcrusader

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 01 2500. I ran a tank of 50% wmo 50% diesel, it ran great just a little smoke so I went to 80%wmo 20%diesel and now it's starting to **** people off. I have to drive with a light foot to try and not kill everyone in town. I'm going to toss 2 gal of gas in there tomorrow and head down to Miami for the day. I'll burn through most of that tank by the time I get back so I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Thanks for the info...

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For know I just run 100% diesel with injector cleaner till smoke is all gone.
At that point start back with wmo mix. Pulled the injectors and found
some carbon on tips.Unleaded was only temp fix for me.

ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 92 dodge it smokes with 50 50 but i have found that if i take a quart of trans fluid and take the pipe of the intake and pour it in it cleans the top of the piston valves and injector tips and want smoke for awile are you filtering it well i turned the pump up on my truck and when you step on it it smokes like a fraight train but runing down the road it dont smke at all at idal it dont hardly smoke at all i advanced my timing to get a more compleat burn hope this helps i am still learning

MMeier

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 01 2500. I ran a tank of 50% wmo 50% diesel, it ran great just a little smoke so I went to 80%wmo 20%diesel and now it's starting to **** people off. I have to drive with a light foot to try and not kill everyone in town. I'm going to toss 2 gal of gas in there tomorrow and head down to Miami for the day. I'll burn through most of that tank by the time I get back so I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Thanks for the info...

You should be helping with that bug problem you guys have down there, I would think!LOL

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to write all that! " great information " I hope i can get my truck to run with less smoke. I just had a buddy drop off two 55gal drums, one is 50/50 oil and atf all new. Do you guys thinks this will burn cleaner then the used oil? What do you guys think on the atf?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i like burnig ATF in my truck, i know its not a dodge but ATF seems to burn much closer to diesel than WMO. its thinner and flows better, sould clean up any gunk in your system to so watch the filters.

just a side note, someone could be picky and give trouble over the red dye in ATF even though it is not off-road.

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
Jred, my truck f350 2000 will see how is works! Does your truck smoke more with the atf or the same on wmo? The barrel i have is 50% aft and 50% oil and it is brand new stuff!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i strangly find my truck burning cleaner on 100% oil than a mix. even cleaner on ATF. i do run my WMO fuel through a heater though so that i am sure is helping.

the stuff should burn nice for you, as with most alternative fuel i wouldent run them in a cold engine. they seem to build up deposites faster that way, the hotter the engine (mostly the fuel) the better it should burn.

my BIL is running a 50/50 to 75/25 mix in his 96 powerstroke and his runs well. he can really smoke out when he punches it hard though.

sorry for the highjack but it should apply some to all diesels.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
i run either straight diesel or straight WMO one in one tank and the other in the other tank and i only seem to smoke when it is cold or when switching

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7