reducing smoke addatives

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I mix 1 gal unleaded with 10 gal wmo and 10 gal of diesel
I get less smoke does anyone else do this or know of anything to mix
with wmo to help reduce smoke and viscosity.If anyone has used
unleaded in wmo mix what is youre % you add.

03 dodge cummins stock 132000 miles original lift pump

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
DGT I have a f-350 2000 ford and i mixed up 50/50 and it run good but smoke alot. I have heard not to mix gas at all. I have ran 3000 mile on wmo and now on my way back from a trip pulling a trail my truck start to shake in over drive. Changed filter and now runs a little rough at idle. i wonder what it is, maybe injector or what? When i get on it its fine, but you can just feel it running rough!

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck also seams have a small miss or small vibration at mid throttle when it starts to smoke bad I run out 50% wmo 50%diesel mix and run injector cleaner and strait diesel and it clears up.
03 dodge cummins 135000 miles

BED BOLTS

Reaction score
I havent used ms or rug! i would like to know more about the ms. can anyone help us on this! I am running my truck on diesel no mix for now alot of smoke at 50/50.

blender

Reaction score
The WVO guys mix the RUG with good results but the hotter the area the less RUG used. Toss a little acetone in there for a hot clean burn but not too much.

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took 3 tanks of 100% diesel to stop truck from smoking . Truck does mot smoke at all know. I am going to set up Dieselcraft Cyclone filter and try wmo mix again.

03 dodge cummins

MMeier

Reaction score
I've noticed when I run wmo in the '93 and run around town for a bit , it will start to smoke after a bit. One good run on the hiway and it clears up, my thought is maybe the oil itself is leaving some behind and not being burned off till I see higher EGT's. Like yesterday.. drove it 530 miles, when I got up north before I turned around the smoke was gone, when I left it was leaving a pretty good blue cloud. Your thoughts....

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'm nowhere close to a cognizant on the subject but I've heard many say that higher fuel temps help combustion. I too noticed that when the engine is cold I get more smoke from my WMO.

BenPutnam

Reaction score
My neighbor and I recently switched from 100% SVO to 100% WMO and both of us are now waiting for new injectors to arrive in the mail. We both have seperate tanks with in-line fuel heaters.

I have a 02 Dodge Cummins that is missing and smoking really bad at idle.
He has a 98 Powerstroke with methanol injection that is missing and smoking really, really, really bad at idle.

Funny thing is they both went south within an hour of each other about 2 weeks ago.

We are going to try a 50/50 blend when the trucks get up and going again.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I sense the market for 6.9l IHC's is starting to look up.

My neighbor and I recently switched from 100% SVO to 100% WMO and both of us are now waiting for new injectors to arrive in the mail. We both have seperate tanks with in-line fuel heaters.

I have a 02 Dodge Cummins that is missing and smoking really bad at idle.
He has a 98 Powerstroke with methanol injection that is missing and smoking really, really, really bad at idle.

Funny thing is they both went south within an hour of each other about 2 weeks ago.

We are going to try a 50/50 blend when the trucks get up and going again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online