wiper repair

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
ok so i pulled my wiper switch out today as i lost low speed and havent had intermittent speed in a long time and i took the intermittent box out and took a look to see if that would be the problem. however i cant seem to find any cracks in the connections a few of them look a little nasty but i wouldnt think that would cause a prob. my intermittent wipers start and stop a few seconds later and most of the time wont come back on. my wipers also do not "park" like they just stop in the middle of the winsheild on any setting.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the resistors that would control low and mid, they mighta burnt out :dunno

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like two upper points on that board, have gotten hot--and desoldered??? resistor burnt???

i agree, but doesnt look liek the PCB is burnt. three points ina line at the top right have deformed like extreme heat got to the solder

suv7734

Reaction score
If it works sometimes that would indicate that the components on the board are OK. These boxes are famous for poor solder connections especially since they are near the emergency brake and take a beating every time you release the brake. Take a soldering pencil and some solder and re-solder all the connections. That's usually all it takes. There was a member that did write-up on this a while ago but I can't find it right now.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
nvm on that last post it is fixed but just a word to the wise you might want to get a decent solder gun. I had to go to wal mart for some stuff and just picked up the el cheapo that they had there and it took a while lol. then again back home all i ever used was comercial duty guns so maybe im just spoiled. the unit i bought said it was a 30 watt

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
yes sir upon further inspection it had one cracked solder joint and that was it i checked after i soldered that joint and it was good but i went ahead and put a little more meat on the rest of the joints just to make me feel better.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear, and another thing to add to my notebook of stuff to look out for heh

sassyrel

Reaction score
yes sir upon further inspection it had one cracked solder joint and that was it i checked after i soldered that joint and it was good but i went ahead and put a little more meat on the rest of the joints just to make me feel better.

30 watt is normal--for a ELECTRONICS soldering iron--or youll smoke stuff fast--and shouldnt have put any more meat on--even what you did,and i would have also--risks burning something-even at low heat--

gatorman21218

Reaction score
ok so i pulled my wiper switch out today as i lost low speed and havent had intermittent speed in a long time and i took the intermittent box out and took a look to see if that would be the problem. however i cant seem to find any cracks in the connections a few of them look a little nasty but i wouldnt think that would cause a prob. my intermittent wipers start and stop a few seconds later and most of the time wont come back on. my wipers also do not "park" like they just stop in the middle of the winsheild on any setting.

Does a bricknose have intermittent speed? On Mine its either fast or faster:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online