wiper motor

4running_fun

Reaction score
my wipers died so i replaced the motor after replacing the breaker. confirmed the switch was good and they still dont work any other ideas.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
broken wire between switch and motor? bad ground? sometimes all of the strands in a wire will break but one allowing enough current to show voltage on a meter or light but not enough to run the component. those can be a real pita to find/fix. good luck ;Sweet

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a similar issue. Mine are very intermitent.....i.e. you have to turn the switch on and off to get it go go rapid at all, until you turn it to high.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wipers died so i replaced the motor after replacing the breaker. confirmed the switch was good and they still dont work any other ideas.

First and foremost is the wiper motor you used to replace the other non working unit a USED or Brand new or rebuilt? If used and untested it could be invariably effed....

Ok also is yours a two clip or one clip wire setup...two is usually intermittent.

If the replacement is used....carefully remove the plastic gear box cover and make sure the contacts appear in good condition and the circular contact plate is not worn out. I had one that was both loose and worn out. It would go...no go....suddenly go like hell...stop mid way....go for a long time...not go at all....etc. I thought this was the Intermittent control module heating up bad solder joints, thus I disassembled it and re soldered every connection ensuring good solder flow at each point...SEE teck article wicky posted in tech.

My gues is that stupid cover with the contacts and they are in bad shape....

JM2CW

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a brand new motor and a two clip

Ok now this helps, and you say you know for certain that your switch is good, do you have a intermittent module?

Its simple, but difficult.

1 Switch/es
2 Intermittent module, if you have one...
3 any wires or connections in the package
4 motor

Looks like it's eliminate all one at a time.

Good luck...:rotflmao no really good luck:eek:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
what year truck is this, the connections inside the column mounted switch can break down. basically the solder connections give up from the turn signals being used. this is on my 94 truck. they would work sometimes then give up until i messed with the switch some. then they would come back on until they quite completely.

i know you said the switch is good but it can read good and still be intermittant.

do you have power to the motor connector when they are on? this should tell us what side of the circuit is the problem.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya might want to add some details on yer ride in yer signature so people know what u got....

JM2CW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle