Wiper Motor

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a post not too long ago about this, My wipers started messing up, no intermittent, no low, only high and it is erratic at best. Whenever the wipers move my Volt gauge drops from 14 to 12v. Im thinking the motor has too high resistance in it. Someone said something about taking the motor apart and cleaning it out? I am going to buy some contact cleaner and try it tonight. Any tips on how to do it? Would it be beneficial to take pics and add it to the tech section?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your voltage is dropping, it would be less resistance, and not more. In this case, I would suspect the motor is using more force (drawing a higher current) to move the wipers, either because of physical resistance in the wiper arms or motor bearings.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
JR

Just food for thought. I just fixed my daughter's today. I had the exact same symptoms as you. Mine was the Wiper Control Module. Unfortunately this is a Ford only part to the tune of $129 at the stealership.

How did I come to that conclusion? You'll have to look at the wiring diagram in the manual. I don't remember wire colors right off bat, but there should be 7 all together going to the motor on two plugs. Pull the plug, look up which wire gives a signal when the switch is in that position, and check it with a meter. That's what I did and confirmed the only time any power was gooing to the motor was when the switch was in the high speed position. I guess I should back up by saying it already has a new switch in it so I already eliminted that.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online