WINDSHIELD WASHER NOZZLE

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is a situation that has plagued my truck, for many years, and it is time to get it solved.

There is a little pointy dome-shaped device, in the center of the cowl area, with two tiny holes that washer-fluid is supposed to shoot out on the windshield.

Problem is the aim.

The right side, over there where I ain't, has a very strong stream that almost shoots over the cab.

The left side, where I look through, has a stream like an old man with prostrate problems, and barely shoots over the wiper-blade.

How do I get that nozzle-thingie off, so that I can clean the orifices and re-aim it, preferably without skinning off any paint??

Thanks.

Black dawg

Reaction score
alot of times if you just blow into the holes with compressed air it will clear them right out. and if your carefull with how much pressure you put to them you dont have to unhook anything. the nozzles should be able to be aimed independently, they are just a ball in a socket

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
alot of times if you just blow into the holes with compressed air it will clear them right out. and if your carefull with how much pressure you put to them you dont have to unhook anything. the nozzles should be able to be aimed independently, they are just a ball in a socket

Yea, like he said. Use a straight pin to aim them, sometimes that clears the clog too.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
washer

Like has already said blow out, aim with a pin. :thumbsup:
I have had problems with debris pluging up the holes.
What I have done in the past I cut the line and put a inline filter.
I use a inline fuel filter from a small gas engine, [Lawnmower]
Havent had a problem since.;Sweet
Good Luck
John

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had problems with debris pluging up the holes.
What I have done in the past I cut the line and put a inline filter.
I use a inline fuel filter from a small gas engine, [Lawnmower]John

That is a good idea :thumbsup: ; I hadn't thought of that.

The truck has been re-painted twice and the little ball-socket thingie may be painted solid; but, I will stick a needle in a hole and see what happens.

I am gonna feel awful dumb :confused: , if I have been putting up with this all these years and the fix was so simple.

Thanks.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

;Sweet :thumbsup: Well, that sure was simple.

I put up with that -cuss ****-poor aim for all these years, and all I had to do was stick a push-pin in there and roll the little ball-thingie to a more appropriate aim.

I even kept playing around and got the driver-side almost as strong as the passenger.

Man, that being so simple sure makes me feel cookoo not too bright.:rolleyes:

Well, now I know and I feel so much better.:draw

Thanks for enlightening me.

I am going to splice in an in-line filter as soon as I get one.