Window Weatherstripping

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What product would be useful for protecting the weatherstripping at the bottom edge of the windows and around the pivoting quarter windows on our trucks? I've replaced the weatherstripping on the front doors, and plan to do the rear doors soon. Just want to keep it all from drying cracking like the original stuff did. The stuff on the driver's window dried so badly and cracked so sharply that it scratched the window.

Thank you,

Mike

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
good question, Mike.
where'd you get the weatherstripping? mind if i ask what you paid?

i've been pricing up parts for a cab 'spruce up' - mostly from the LMC catalog, so i know their pricing... if that's where you bought: what do you think of the quality?

preesh.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced all the weatherstripping on the front doors of my truck with factory Ford parts. Spendy, but they fit correctly and included all the clips necessary to attach it properly. Both of my front windows were very badly scratched when I got my truck, so badly that they couldn't be polished. I ended up installing new factory glass too (like $150 each- yikes!)

So far, I've been using a very small amount of this stuff on all the exterior rubber on my truck to keep it from getting destroyed by the sun. Its a MUST here in the desert. I usually spray a little on an old sock, and use a finger to wipe it onto the rubber, then clean any off of the glass and paint with some windex...

http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-vinyl-rubber-care/Flagship-Premium-Vinyl-Rubber-Protectant

Hope this helps
Ryan

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
good question, Mike.
where'd you get the weatherstripping? mind if i ask what you paid?

i've been pricing up parts for a cab 'spruce up' - mostly from the LMC catalog, so i know their pricing... if that's where you bought: what do you think of the quality?

preesh.

I got mine from http://fordpartsnetwork.com. Pretty pricey--can't remember what I paid--but it is factory stuff that's probably 15 years old and has been shrinkwrapped the entire time. The weatherstrip seemed to be in good shape... perhaps a bit dry, but not bad. I put the front pieces on a couple years ago and they're still doing fine.

Mike

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
I've used vaseline. Trucks been sitting for a long while now and is totally dry inside. And the doors don't even close well! Good to keep the doors and windows from freezing too. Don't know if that happens in TX though :D
James

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I have had great results just using Armoral{sp}
just give the rubber a wipe when you do the dash, door panels etc....

It is prolly somthing you already have ;Sweet

Body shops use a rubber rejvenator but I can't think of it cookoo

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
geonc said:
I have had great results just using Armorall
just give the rubber a wipe when you do the dash, door panels etc....

Clear Guard by Turtle Wax IMHO is better than Armorall because it contains no water. It will soften up dried rubber weatherstripping & bring to life fading plastic dash pieces as well as the usual uses like tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.