Will injectors out of a 99 work I'n my 97

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I believe they will fit BUT the 99 and ups 7.3's have different programming than the 98 and older trucks. When I get new injectors for my 99, im gettin the OBS powerstroke injectors which are single shots instead of dual shots in my 99. Your single shots are actually more efficient and dont need as high of oil pressure to run. BUT I will have to get a chip to change my programming to the single shots. I would just rebuild yours or get new stock ones or bump up to some stage ones. Just sucks they cost so much no matter what you do!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they will fit and run fine.you may get a little bit of a lope at idle when you come to a stop or when starting it.

being a 97 you may already have split shots from the factory.look at the sticker on the valve cover and see if it says anything about california emissions on it.if it does you wont notice a difference with the 99 injectors.

the motor will work as well but you will need to swap the up pipes and turbo as well as a few other minor things.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
they will fit and run fine.you may get a little bit of a lope at idle when you come to a stop or when starting it.

being a 97 you may already have split shots from the factory.look at the sticker on the valve cover and see if it says anything about california emissions on it.if it does you wont notice a difference with the 99 injectors.

the motor will work as well but you will need to swap the up pipes and turbo as well as a few other minor things.

Did not know that. Nice info there!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i put a 97 cali motor in my 95.nobody was really sure if the splits would run or not.it ran.actually ran nice.ran smoother and quieter.just had a little lope at idle when i came to a stop or started it hot.was no big deal smoothed out in about 30 seconds.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
i put a 97 cali motor in my 95.nobody was really sure if the splits would run or not.it ran.actually ran nice.ran smoother and quieter.just had a little lope at idle when i came to a stop or started it hot.was no big deal smoothed out in about 30 seconds.

What kind of mileage do the single shots get?