Wiers sound when acelerating???

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning when driving to work the truck started to make a screeching sound when pressing the pedal past half way. Sounded like a belt slipping / metal without lubrication but it was directly related to the accelerator being pressed not RPM's going up. 1/2 to 3/4 pedal and it got worse but if I let off under 1/2 it would go away. I only have the factory gauges and nothing was out of the ordinary. It had decent black smoke under acceleration, I usually get none. I was only doing 30-40mph. I was thinking it might be something in the IP, the truck does have hydro-boost conversion. It went away after a mile or two and everything cleared up.

When I was able to stop and pull over, the engine was covered in oil droplets. I am thinking the PS pump burped and blew fluid all over and went into the air inlet??? I do not have a hose on the air filter right now as it will not fit since the hydro-boost. All the belts look good and are tight.

Any ideas???

Wow, I fat fingered the title, should read "Weird!"

Last edited:

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Check your air filer and CDR. I had a similar noise when I first got the truck. It was actually not a mechanical screeching noise but a whistle that was cause by the air being sucked through the CDR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online