greasemonky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of my centrifuge setup

vbpgimage.php

Notice my fancy high dollar cardboard lid:;Sweet
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

The barrel I had, the pump I had from the company I used to work for, the motor I had, and cart i had. All I bought was the centrifuge and some fittings. Total out of pocket $$ Maybe 150 bucks..

Last edited:

j2005

Reaction score

vbpgimage.php

Notice my fancy high dollar cardboard lid:;Sweet
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

The barrel I had, the pump I had from the company I used to work for, the motor I had, and cart i had. All I bought was the centrifuge and some fittings. Total out of pocket $$ Maybe 150 bucks..

i think i am confused about the 2 hoses coming from the pump...is one to go to the centrifuge and the other to go to am auxiliary tank? or what? and what kind of pump is that...does it work with the centrifuge good enough?

...oh yeah where did you get that high dollar lid???

Last edited:

greasemonky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One hose(suction line) is at bottom of tank. The pressure line runs to the centrifuge. At centrifuge it tee's off, that is the bypass to adjust pressure going into the unit. Yes the pump works great, more than I need. It is a KSE Racing power steering pump, but any regular ol power steering pump will work fine.

And for the lid, well thats a government secret, reinforced, kevlar bullet proof, carbon fiber, and other unknown materials stolen from a ufo at area 51. They can be really hard to come by for most people but I have connections!:sly

j2005

Reaction score
about ten minutes after i posted about the other hose i figured out it was for pressure/flow...cant wait to get mine set up

mtran

I`ll improve my Eng
Reaction score
Nice,
I take out from bottom,same said it`s better.
How do you pick from CF, you don`t pick in same barrel.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I run it on my truck in my sig. That said, filter it well boys! I clogged a fuel filter today at lunch after maybe 1k miles of WMO on the truck (mixed with Diesel fillups along the way too)

I sure like the way the truck runs on WMO though. Quieter, smoother, and of course, I DEF enjoy the price of fuel on WMO. :sly

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run it on my truck in my sig. That said, filter it well boys! I clogged a fuel filter today at lunch after maybe 1k miles of WMO on the truck (mixed with Diesel fillups along the way too)

I sure like the way the truck runs on WMO though. Quieter, smoother, and of course, I DEF enjoy the price of fuel on WMO. :sly

i agree filter, filter and filter some more. i also clogged my filter today LOL

wmoguy

Reaction score
i agree filter, filter and filter some more. i also clogged my filter today LOL

Must be clogged filter day today! :rotflmao

I'm likely going to order a Centrifuge setup today from PA Biodiesel and just be done with this non-sense. And make me a super sucker and away we go! This oil I get is SUPER NASTY BLACK and I gotta figure out how to clean it up better than I am

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One hose(suction line) is at bottom of tank. The pressure line runs to the centrifuge. At centrifuge it tee's off, that is the bypass to adjust pressure going into the unit. Yes the pump works great, more than I need. It is a KSE Racing power steering pump, but any regular ol power steering pump will work fine.

And for the lid, well thats a government secret, reinforced, kevlar bullet proof, carbon fiber, and other unknown materials stolen from a ufo at area 51. They can be really hard to come by for most people but I have connections!:sly

I might suggest tee-ing in you regulator valve bleed off into your pump (dirty oil) supply line. I think it would reduce the amount of dirty oil being reintroduced into your tank. It may or may not help much.

I have read that some guys go to the junk yard and pick a few PS pumps and use those for high pressure centrifuge supply. All you need is a hydraulic pump of some kind that can make the pressure needed.

I see why you are using paper-based pre-filters but does that really help with the cost of not buying filters in the first place? The centrifuge should be able to clean up to .5 micron, so a filter should not be necessary. You might need to clean the centrifuge a few times, though.

greasemonky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I see why you are using paper-based pre-filters but does that really help with the cost of not buying filters in the first place? The centrifuge should be able to clean up to .5 micron, so a filter should not be necessary. You might need to clean the centrifuge a few times, though. "
The pre filter is mainly to strain any large particle that may be in my source barrel ie. the oil I am getting from the dealer or my friends. I do get some oil with large nastiness in the bottom. This way is easier than screen filtering into my centrifuge tank. I spent like 5 bucks for those cheap oil filters and haven't changed them yet. I try to keep the oil thats in the centrifuge tank as clean as possible even before it goes through the centrifuge, because if not there will be some junk that will settle to the bottom. Although it shouldn't matter because my pickup is a couple inches above the bottom, but I like the piece of mind that all is clean.

It may seem like its a lot of extra steps but it isn't really and I smile every time I fill my truck tank.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance