whos got a clock?

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more specifically the factory clock above the radio. im trying to put one in a 84 and i need to know what the four wires and their pin positions are. i was hoping that the plug would be behind the dash, but no dice on that. thanks for any help.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get a chance this week and can tell you. I should have grabbed the harness when the click went out but didn't about it till after it was shipped

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha thanks man. i figured it would be back there but you know how that goes.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a tech article on FTE.
IIRC, there's a piece of wiring that goes between the plug out of the back of the clock and a plug found i the factory harness. I was missing this piece of wiring, so I just spliced the wires into the radio wiring.
I don't remember what the colors are but they are for ground, constant 12v, ignition switched 12v, and one that ties into the dash lights so you can dim the clock along with the instrument cluster; I left the last one out when I retrofitted the clock into mine.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it turns out i just need the extension harness...gonecrazy wanna see if thats still there and pm me, i might need some more parts too.

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you just need the clock and the extension. The plug is to the passenger side behind the HVAC controls, then you use the extension to reach from there up to the clock. 1980-1982 clocks have two plugs, 1983-1986 clocks have one plug.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
The pug is behind the dash. Just did this in my 86. Right behind the ash tray. Toward the passenger side at the bottom. Two plugs. The only way I found it was I had a dash all the way apart. When you get a pig tail at the junk yard you can trace it and see it starts down there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726