Who knew brake fluid is conductive/what is the PN for the brake pressure?

stevebates

Reaction score
I have been chasing electrical Gremlims. Fuse 13 under-dash fuse block kept blowing. While under the truck, looking for frayed wires, I noticed what looked to be a brake pressure sensor was leaking/dripping and nasty looking. I disconnected and cleaned the plug, went back on top and put new fuse in. I can not believe it, my problem is solved. I now have brake lights, flashers, cruise control. ABS light is still on because I was so excited I forgot to re-plug the connector. Can brake fluid in a connector cause a short? The next part of this post is a question. Went to advanced auto and they did not have a listing for a brake pressure sensor. Was I using the correct name and/or does anybody have a PN?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
What trackspeeder said.
And yes, many a fires been caused by that.
I think it was called a cruise cutout switch or brake cutout switch. Get the harness also.

Now I noticed you said under the truck. Did this mean under hood or literally under the truck?
I ask because the cruise one is on the brake master cylinder. And left unplugged, cruise won't work, Iirc.
Down on the frame is the RABS valve.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

stevebates

Reaction score
The culprit was the pressure sensor mounted down on the frame rail, almost directly above the driver side front axle. I will stop by dealership in the next few days to see if recall is still in effect. If not, I'll order the part. Glad to have found the cause of my problems.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think you're looking at the rabs valve.
But still a good idea to have the other recall checked out.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online