Which Turbo???

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... The Super 40 sounds interesting... If its bolt on, I'd guess that the E-Brake will fit also... time will tell. My PDR35 is holding on for now.

ramn4evr

Reaction score
In the article about the super HX 40 & HX 52, they talked about a adapter for the HX 52. I have a HX 50, but need a adapter, where can I locate one?

Cummnzpowr

Dunce
Reaction score
LAG LAG LAG...why do you guys insist on running the largest windmill you can find? LOL a stock 35 should hold 450 horsepower everyday...like mine..and it's in good shape...if you have to tow heavy, then get a Piers 35 with a bigger housing..say 16cm2 wastegated

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I've got the 450hp level beat...

Whit

Reaction score
Cumminzpwr, I run the PDR35 with a 14cm housing and it does an OK job for me, true it does everything fine when empty but towing is another story, I really need more air, the big difference between you and me is elevation, I just towed thru your town and yes ther is a major difference in how my truck handles low elevation verses 5-7 k elevation and up to 9k elevation, I have a bit different setup than most in my gear ratio since I run 35" tires with a 6 speed.............. when empty I can and do use 6th gear and run alot lower rpm yealding great economy, and when towing a hevier load in the mountain passes of Wyoming I run 5th gear and 70mph with rpm at 2200, this higher rpm allows a faster turbo yealding a higher volumn of air and the end result is lower egt's............I could never under any circumstances use 6th gear towing the heavy loads like this without having egt's thru the roof. My bottom line here is that elevation plays a huge rool in what turbo you need for your circumstances.

Cheers, Kevin

jgendr

Reaction score
My 01 has the 9cm hy and I'm pushing 419hp and 889tq. I defininately need more air. I was told by Jeff garman to stay away from the 40's. He has seen too many of them fly apart. He suggests a HX 35 and if that ain't enough then put a 3B behind it. Yes folks that's where I'm going. TWIN's!!! I already picked up a HX35 from one of our members on SETDR. $200's no a bad deal!!

As soon as I can find a 3B I'm having the head O-Ringed and the Twin's are going on.

Just My 2 cents worth!!

Joe

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jgendr
My 01 has the 9cm hy and I'm pushing 419hp and 889tq. I defininately need more air. I was told by Jeff garman to stay away from the 40's. He has seen too many of them fly apart. He suggests a HX 35 and if that ain't enough then put a 3B behind it. Yes folks that's where I'm going. TWIN's!!! I already picked up a HX35 from one of our members on SETDR. $200's no a bad deal!!

As soon as I can find a 3B I'm having the head O-Ringed and the Twin's are going on.

Just My 2 cents worth!!

Joe

I hear that the PDR and Dodgezilla versions of the HX-40 have had oiling mods done to cure the dreaded shaft snapping problems. The HX-40 has the same shaft as the HX-35 as I understand it.

Sir Smokesalot

Reaction score
Turbo's????

Didn't read whole thread. Your E-Brake, turbo mounted? If so, then DZ 35/40. If not turbo mounted then DZ40. All from Rip but of course!

Roger

Ol Blue

Reaction score
Russ,

Rebuild the 35 for low $, have Piers mod the 12 exhaust housing WG, and put an HT3B below it.

push push push.....

jgendr

Reaction score
I hear that East Coast Turbo has great prices! When I talked to Neil at Jessup truck and tractor pulls last October, he was planning on selling his twin set up. B1 on bottom and B2 on top! He also is running a modified aftermarket exhaust manifold with a blow off valve plumbed into the B1.

Joe G.

Tinman875

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online