Which alternator?

sassyrel

Reaction score
My reprogramming was done in '05 because with the NAW6 code it shifted like crap. That was way before the 200 amp alternator and vegoil which started in May 06.

aic--was originally, meant for keeping the rpms up, in the cold,so the engine wouldnt "wet stack". the cyls would get cold at idle,and all the fuel wouldnt burn--and down into the crankcase--and up went the oil level!!!!--and if enough--by by bearings!! 200 amp still dims lights--how damn many amps that veg heater pulling???

Last edited:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
You mean that the factory installed the AIC and the computer, but the AIC won't work? Was the computer unable to activate the AIC, when it left the factory?

yep

it was a early 94 thing, some are not obd2 either, some got caught at the dealer when in for warranty work, and some didnt.
facotry aic only works with the parkung brake set, and, clutch pedal out.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Mine has the ZF 5... Do I need to take it to the stealership and have it reprogrammed/updated??

either dealer, or dp tuner can also do it not shure if power hungry can or not , but check the tag first It may have been done.
I belive the latest greatest zf 5 code is mle1
also a 96-97 49 state one will work

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
tag is on the cpu you need a mirror and a light to see it as it is against the inner fender.
dont have any extras

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
aic--was originally, meant for keeping the rpms up, in the cold,so the engine wouldnt "wet stack". the cyls would get cold at idle,and all the fuel wouldnt burn--and down into the crankcase--and up went the oil level!!!!--and if enough--by by bearings!! 200 amp still dims lights--how damn mnay amps that veg heater pulling???

The AIC box was used for charge protect functions and various pto options. The PCM controls the fuel and idle functions during cold weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online