Where to mount cb

1993 f-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since i installed my sub box in my truck( check the sig) i have missed having my cb in there. anyone have ideas on how and where to moung it??????? Thanks y'all

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I have mine mounted on the dash right above the AC/radio. It has a bracket that just screws in the dash. You have an auto so you could mount it on the floor or under the seat(if theres room) or you could put it on the ceiling, although if it were me i wouldnt want to poke holes in the roof

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
How about overhead? This usually puts the speaker in your face, easy to listen to. Its cool looking to look into the truck and see the coiled mike wire hanging also.;Really

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i made a custom mount thing thatll also hold gauges im putting on the top of the dash
but ive seen the ash tray taken out tomount it
youre sig dont say where the sub box is but i assume over the tranny tunnel so y not just mount it to the sub box?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like having mine up on the roof but thats what I am used to from driving the big rigs.

Same here, Cobra 29LTD Classic mounted over-head, dead-center width-wise, and as close to the windshield as it can go.

A panel of toggle-switches occupies the space above the C.B.; and, two different interior-lights are mounted underneath, a very bright dome-light and a twin aim-able light like those found over air-liner or Greyhound seats.

Oh, and there is also a clock and a digital thermometer, and some other stuff that I am probably forgetting.

The external speaker is mounted to the left-rear corner of the cab, right beside my :yell: ear, so I don't miss anything. LOL

The antennae is mounted on the left-side mirror.

One P.A. horn-speaker is mounted right behind the front bumper; I have the wires/plugs routed for three more, one each side of the head-rack and one at the very rear; I just haven't taken time to mount those three speakers.

I would miss my C.B. for certain if I had to do without it for a trip.

I had one konk-out in the middle of a conversation one night ( not a Cobra --- I knew better :rolleyes: ), while following the truck that knew where we were going. :eek:

I got his attention and we stopped at the next truck-stop; ten minutes and a shiny new Cobra and we were once again on our merry way. ;Sweet

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my last truck I had mine mounted on one of those shelves that go across the top of the windshield. The sun visors attached to the shelf. Then all I had to do was reach up to change channels. I also added a remote speaker to help be able to hear it over the diesel engine.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres where Mine is mounted: I wanted to put it on the roof but I decided it would get in the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Mine is on the dash as well. Took the dash off and ran bolts with some good sized washers to keep it from wobbling around

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the dash, pretty much immediately t o the left of where Matt Jenkins has his - it's really right above the throttle pedal. Then immediately to the left of it (above the brake pedal more or less) I have the external speaker so I can actually hear the thing over the engine and stereo. All the way to the left still on the same lever is my P3 brake controller. Everything is deep enough under the dash where I can't really kick it with my knees, yet still up and out enough to where it's easy to reach. My CB is a Cobra 19 tho, an my speaker is flat but wide, a big 29 and a matching speaker would probably not fit quite right in that location. Overhead mounting can be nice, I may switch over to that comes summertime. My antenna was on the cab roof, but now with the slide-in camper that location is no good - camper itself has a mount all the way on top, so I may put a new antenna there an run new co-ax to the CB. Or run two antennas, one n the camper and one on the truck, switching between them as needed...

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since i installed my sub box in my truck( check the sig) i have missed having my cb in there. anyone have ideas on how and where to moung it??????? Thanks y'all

If you want to mount it overhead but don't want to put holes in your roof you can get an item called a "Shelf-it" through LMC

It's suppose to attach where your visors mount and then you relocate your visors to the underside of the shelf. Even if there isn't room to mount the CB above the shelf as it sits you could build a bracket and bolt it to the shelf in whatever position works best for you and then attach your CB to the bracket.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my Uniden PC78LTW mounted under the dash in my GMC, and I'm not a big fan of it down there. I'm used to radios being mounted up and high from driving the big trucks and want to remount mine up there and will in the 89. And I have a K20 stuck to the roof with a magnet. But I haven't mounted my CBs in any of my other trucks other than my 73 F100. That has dual whips mounted on the antennas and the Kraco CCB-4007 I think (don't laugh, it's worked well for me since '86) CB mounted underneath the dash.

Last edited:

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have added a shelf kinda like the LMC one mentioned above but without the $80 price tag. Eventually I want my shelf to look nice (its ugly pine wood right now), and house a CB, every gauge imaginable, a retentive handgun holster (don't want a loaded 1911 flying around when I have a wreck) or even a spot for a 18.5" shotgun, and maybe some room for other storage. I eliminated the sun visors permanently, though. I'm 6'4" and never used them anyway, I guess any short drivers/passengers of my truck will just have to get over it.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only 5'11" and have never used the visors. In my old Ford when I was in high school, I pulled the visors out because they were worn out and it bothers pretty much any woman who rode in it. They will either get used to it or get a different ride.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can either repair the Uniden myself or still get it repaired? It stopped transmitting. I think my little boy played with it after someone kicked their foot up on and pulled the antenna cable out of the connector. Another reason I want to mount it up where I can see and hear it better. I love the weather function on it, that still works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor