Where to get the fuel line olives?

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have searched through several threads and can not find where to get the olive. I am having alot of air intrusion and I remember when I did my ip one of the olives had a nick in it and I didnt think anything of it, but now I sure do lol. I just want to replace them so I can eliminate that possible source of air intrusion. So where do you guys get yours?

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ (typ4), or Mel (Agnem, Conestoga Diesel) should be able to hook you up

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
McMaster-carr

McMaster Carr Viton products
Part No. 9464K24 - Viton O-rings for 6.9/7.3 IDI Injectors

Part No. 5119K13 FIRM Black Viton Hose for the hoses between injectors
Part No. 5119K861 FIRM Green Viton Hose for the hoses between injectors
Part No. 5119K864 FIRM Brown Viton Hose for the hoses between injectors Part No. 5119K43 SOFT Black Viton Hose for the hoses between injectors

Part No. 5119K21 FIRM Black Viton Hose for the hoses from the fuel tank to fuel pump & to the return line on the back of the engine {5119K891 = Green. 5119K894 = Brown)
Part No. 5119K51 SOFT Black Viton Hose for the hoses from the fuel tank to fuel pump & to the return line on the back of the engine.

This is from the parts bin.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5/16" Vibra-Loc - McMaster-Carr Item 50385K83 on the hardline from Filter head to IP.

There is also a 3/8" Vibra-Loc - McMaster-Carr Item 50385K84 on the hardline from Lift pump to Filter head.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you need 2 of the 5/16 and 1 of the 3/8.

Sorry for multiple responses doing this with my phone.

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pm or email Russ (typ4). I just got mine from him. He sent me extra olives and a bunch of o rings, (keep in mind I only ordered the olives) for cheaper than anywhere else

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
On some 6.9 engines you will need 3 of the 3/8 olives because there is one on the injection pump return line fitting top of the pump. One on the lift pump feed line at the filter head like posted and one at the number 8 cylinder Tee fitting on the return line. And of course you need only 2 of the 5/16 for the filter feed line after the filter to the injection pump. That line Mel and Russ have made a nice replacement for it. Now on some engines that 3 way fitting way back at number 8 cylinder does not have any olives in it. Easy way to know if you need an olive in that return line is look at the return line from the top of the injection pump. If that line is hard from the pump and runs all the way down the intake manifold then you need a olive at the back of it for that 3 way fitting. If there is no hard line off the top of the injection pump but a rubber line then you wont need an olive at the 3 way. So now are ya really confused bout all this olive crap.. I know I was for years. Now I understand the whys of this system and can make up something of my own and run fine. For years my fuel system never had the return line and bleeder valve off the filter housing. Talk about a tuff time getting the air out of the filter. Damn.. It all had to run thru the injection pump. But now I have that remedied. I got a bleeder valve from Oregon fuel injection and teed it into the return line between number 1 & 3 cylinders. Working fine too. Even got a few hp in the deal too...;Really:angel:

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the IH dealer here in Vegas a few years ago for some and they only had the smaller size. I ended up making my own olives from a piece of hose and they are still working fine. Just something to think about if you cant find any.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed Mel through his website, I am sure he can supply me with some. I went on Mcmaster-carr website and WOW they are now my favorite online store! Thanks for all of the responses, hopefully the olives will solve my problems, I also have clear tygon line to install, along with the electrical and brake issues uggghh ..... I keep telling myself i am almost there lol.