Where to get Radiator Core Support Mounts & Bushings?

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Cut and pryed my rusty core support out tonight and man did it ever need to be done. Rust stinks.

Discovered I definitely need new mounts and bushings and bolts too, but I must not be talking to the Internet right tonight because I can't find them during my search tonight.

What is a good source for these parts?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    429.6 KB · Views: 38
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    566.4 KB · Views: 36

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
broncograveyard.com

or ford. they still sell the mounts and all the bushings.

Last edited:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I saw something on a local Craigslist.

Will double check

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
JBG also has the frame mounts for the rad support, yours look like they're missing a few pieces. I have just the rad support bushings I'd let go real cheap, but looks like you'll need the whole shebang with hardware.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'm going the poly bushing route. We'll see how much it needs shimmed. Possibly tomorrow.

I wasn't about to spend $100 before shipping on 2 bushings and hardware. The price seems ridiculous to me, but it also seems like JBG are the only ones that have them.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBG also has the frame mounts for the rad support, yours look like they're missing a few pieces. I have just the rad support bushings I'd let go real cheap, but looks like you'll need the whole shebang with hardware.

If he doesn't want them than I do. Newest truck came with core support removed. Now that the minor rust is fixed I've been trying to figure out what to do for bushings. Factory would be nice but i am not above hockey pucks and shims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
This is what I have. Upper and lower core support bushings. PM me what you think is fair and it's yours.

You must be registered for see images attach

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there by chance a thread on taking the core support out? Just wondering. I'd like to pull mine and POR-15 the crap outta it, but it seems like a fairly involved job.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
No good tricks here. Obviously all my old stuff was completely shot, so I just arranged what came in the poly kit how it looked like it needed to be arranged and added washers and a 1/2" bolt where I could figure. It probably isn't 100% correct. I do think it is a little shorter than what was originally there. My snowplow frame sits just under the frame rails, and it was a a very tight fit to actually get my fan shroud bolted back on after the poly mounts, as it dropped the core support and the plastic of the shroud now sits on the plow frame in one spot. Wasn't a game-changer so I left it.

You're in luck, I just started in on front leaf bushings (energy suspension poly) last night so I can get a good pic of the previous core support work

Attachments

• IMG_4879.JPG
    IMG_4879.JPG
    400.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4873.JPG
    IMG_4873.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks;Sweet I'll watch what you're doing. My core support isn't falling apart bad...but if I don't get proactive (or PORactive..LOL) on it it will be shot before the rest of the truck is. Without a doubt the rustiest part on my truck.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem! I'm always a little confused anyway. LOL

Yeah you picked up a nice and clean one from out west right? I'm gonna be watching that thread for sure.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online