Where to get best deal on new veg oil?????

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to find a good place to buy new veg oil to run in my dodge. I want to mix with diesel. Im a strong believer in using wmo but not in my cominrail. I have bought me a 4btcummins to put in my 72f350. I plan on using a very heavy mix of wmo. When I look up veg oil on internet it takes me to a lot of bs sites with no help.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Depending on Your area it is cheaper to get wvo and filter it then burn it or make bioD.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I can still make it for about $1.50 a gal. But the WVO is getting hard to come by. Valley proteins started paying them for the oil instead of charging and now a bidding war has begun.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before Ohio and Texas have WVO commodities markets. Why you ask? Supposedly they add 3 gallons per head per day at the feed lots. Gotta love that USDA Beef!

It's supposedly trading for about $2.50/gallon now.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I can still make it for about $1.50 a gal. But the WVO is getting hard to come by. Valley proteins started paying them for the oil instead of charging and now a bidding war has begun.
but still much cheaper than 2----how much per gallon to pay to break even with cost of 2 ???????????

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Well @ $4 a gal at a 1.50 to produce that would be about $2.50 a gal. No way tho!! The oil being free was the big part of it.

psoileau1

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Ford 350 diesel power stroke. Can I use used motor oil as an alturnitive fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk