Where do you get a winterfront?

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's getting cold, and I want one. The black leather ones just look sweet, IMO.
I know IDIDieselJohn has one.
Plus then I will have a bug screen in the summer.

I have searched on the internet but only found them for newer stuff:dunno

Most duramaxes around here are running them.

BTW, my truck is '88

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get it, would you mind posting here about it? Like, how it fits, how it attaches to the grille, is it well-made...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a google search and found several hits on the internet. For my truck, it was about $65 for a winter front. I want to get a winter front because I like how they look......

Last edited:

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get it, would you mind posting here about it? Like, how it fits, how it attaches to the grille, is it well-made...

Usually they are mounted with buttons as in like a button up coat. The bases are riveted or screwed to the front of your truck and then the top halves are installed on the cold front. Then you can unbutton the cold front and store it during the warmer months. Though I've always found that if you cut a piece of cardboard just the right size you can slide that in against the front of the radiator just behind the metal strips forming an X that are attached to the radiator and that does a pretty good job. Just don't forget to cut out some of the cardboard so that your radiator can still cool the coolant.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
i always just take 3 peaces of card bourd and paint them black then put them side by side behinde the grill. that way if it warm's up to fast i can pull one out if needed. it works great;Sweet but then agen it get's f-ing cold up here -20 to -40 in the dead of winter:mad:

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autoanything is a great site, they just started selling those i think. (used to work there)

Around here the school buses have already put them on, so i am thinking it might be smart to do something. I know i was trying to fill up last night and while waiting for the pump i could just watch the engine temp drop. Its been in the single digits at night here.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put cardboard in front of my radiator last winter, probably covered 75% of the radiator, never noticed any difference in warm up times or the truck's running temp on cold days. :dunno