Where can I find the best price on a banks turbo?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'd like to add a banks turbo at some time, but I wondered is where can I get the best price on one?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trust me, a non-wastegated turbo will still give you that perma-grin :D Personally, for $600, that's a good enough price that I wouldn't be picky about it...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
$600 means I can afford it now :D 2k means later :( Much later :( so yeah, I can live with a non wastegated, but may need a gasser transmission, or more likely I'll need to drop trailers at the road and swap them to my gasser, my front gate is just wide enough to fit my truck and flatbed trailer through, and it goes uphill, good bit of fun :( Looks like I may need to find another 6.9 N/A truck, maby a van :D

Anyway, to the point, it blows clouds of smoke as I ease it in 2 feet at a time loaded to the gills :(

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
napa-
I will be in Sasulito on sunday for family business. I can bring it up with me and meet up with you in the afternoon after I take care of some stuff.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
How frequently do you come up this way? Saturday I plan to be at the junkyard pulling parts, and Sunday I plan to be sealing my garage and shop floors so I can take all of my cr@p out of my fathers garage next weekend and make him happy :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
napa-
this will be the first trip past the GG bridge in three years. If you want to see/touch/feel the product before buying, you have two choices, make some time Sunday in the afternoon or come on down to SJ. I figured that since I will be up in that neck of the woods, I can get two things done at once. :D

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
I'd like to add a banks turbo at some time, but I wondered is where can I get the best price on one?

Mine'll be up for sale soon, too... along with the engine. Might sell separately. Turbo has probably 15,000 miles on it. Engine has 200,000+ miles on it. Will need to check my records to be sure on turbo mileage.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online