what'd you guys pay?

sootman73

Reaction score
hey im tryin to figure out what my truck is worth. I am not really interested in selling it just yet but it maybe something in the future.

As many of you know it will have the rear axle replaced with a used one from a ford dealer, along with a rear driveshaft, carrier bearing and mount, two new tires, shocks all around, alignment front and rear, tie rods and prob ball joints up front. has a new TC with recently replaced tranny fluid and filter. oil changes regularly. pump maxxed with wastegate unhooked. never had any problems with motor. new ZD-9 motorcraft plugs. 2 new tires on front and two newer used tires on rear.

heres some pics of her.

Attachments

• banks transcommand.jpg
    banks transcommand.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 8
  • me and chan at florence's.jpg
    me and chan at florence's.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
  • on russell after rails off.jpg
    on russell after rails off.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
  • on russell again.jpg
    on russell again.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 5

sootman73

Reaction score
found some more

Attachments

• at home after banks stickers.jpg
    at home after banks stickers.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
  • compressor wheel.jpg
    compressor wheel.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4
  • home stickers.jpg
    home stickers.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you mean 7500 or 750? i hope not 750!
Outside of my '92, all my recent(last three years) Ford IDI purchases have been below the $1k mark. I could count three at the $700 mark. One CC dually at the $350 mark. It really depends on how desperate to sell the person is. I show up with cash and a towtruck OR with another hapless member who is more than happy:dunno to drive my '92 back to my shop.
If you're looking for someone to pay "high coin" for your ride here.....you've come to the wrong place.

sootman73

Reaction score
well the only problem the truck had with it was that the cruise control didn't work and the tires only had a couple thousand left on them. it had almost no rust, and only one dent in the back corner of the bed. towcat, what condition were the trucks you were buying for 350-700? kbb says its about 4500 but i beleive it to be higher than that.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really comes down to how bad somebody wants it and how bad the seller needs to get rid of it. My experience is that there are not many IDIs around here and the ones that were available were very expensive and beat also. I bought my 86 Xcab, 6.9 NA, 2wd C6 from another member on TDS in late summer '03 for 2500+ $900(ouch) to ship it here. My friend sold his 84 reg cab with a spun bearing or imbedded glow plug...something serious.... for $800 in winter '07 or fall 06. I'm not getting rid of mine voluntarily anytime soon. I have more in it than I could ever get back.

sootman73

Reaction score
hey come on now! thats in the past. like i said its comin with all those parts replaced. (and some more while i have ins payin!):angel: :rolleyes:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey come on now! thats in the past. like i said its comin with all those parts replaced. (and some more while i have ins payin!):angel: :rolleyes:
actually....
once a vehicle has went swimming, the electrical will never be the same again. It won't show up in a day or three, but after a few winters, the corosion inside the wires will definitely appear. Also, "no rust" is a very subjective term. "no rust" in many other states means the body hasn't rusted through. In Kali, it really means "no rust" no corrosion on the body or frame or anywhere on the vehicle. Of course, this does not apply to those who live right at the edge of the ocean.

sootman73

Reaction score
well it didn't suffer any water damage. the interior is dry and it doesn't smell. i checked it out a week later. wiring didn't get wet except maybe the harness down by the transmission. which gets wet anyway every time i drive in the rain. and i said almost no rust. it has rust around the rear fenders is all. the frame is in pristine condition as i have had to work on it when my TC went out.