What Year Model rears will go in 88, f350?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the brakes on the Dana axles are the main difference? It seems that if the price and gear ratio was right and the axle wasn't beat it would only mean starting from scratch with shoes, rotors and wheel cylinders and slightly harder brake jobs. Might or might not be worth it, but I would consider it unless I was missing something.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Also a dana axle does not have the VSS for the antilock brakes.

700 is not too awefully bad, because you are limited to a dually pickup axle and there were not a ton of them like SRW pick ups. Around here a dually pic-up axle is 500-650

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Does $700. sound like a fair price?

You can get a gear ratio swap with a new bearing kit done at a shop for less than $800. Several places here in Oregon quoted me $650 when I was shopping around. Best things about a gear swap is the parts in your axle will be new, the axle stays in your truck, and all it cost you is some green, no wrenches will be turned by you. Most good shops will have it done in a couple hours, so your truck won't be down for more than 1 calendar day. If you can afford it, have em put new wheel bearings in while the axle is apart, and you'll have a completely rebuilt axle with the gears of your choice, that should last the life of the truck

Finding a DRW 3.55 axle isn't impossible, just rather difficult. Most DRW trucks were bought to pull things, and had 4.10 gears...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have two complete 3.55 LS pickup dually rear axle assy's. problem is, the distance involved for shipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online