Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Suncoast

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • stock is good enough

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Ok I figured I would throw this one out thier to see who thinks makes the best performance automatic. So fill me in guys whose are you runnin and what is your HP? have you had any problems out of them?

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well shoot, I know that the standard is the best way to go but I have a friend with a new duramax and his brother has a older cummins and they are in need of trans help that is why I posted this. Come on guys who is runnin the slushboxes?

Last edited by a moderator:

rubberfish

Reaction score
Originally posted by dazedandconfused I know that the standard is the best way to go
I didn't say that. I was just stating that's what I had:D
Honestly there is lots of times I wish I had a strong auto.
I had a buddy that had a 454 with an old 4spd in it and he wanted to swap it over to an auto. I laughed at him. Then he took me for a ride in it. Big difference:eek: . The auto out towed that old 4spd hands down. Way faster take off and held way better on the hills. I never would have thought that. I like the stanard for coming down the other side of the mountain:D , and a clutch is WAY cheaper to replace;)

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Yeap a clutch is way cheaper and that is why I think standard is the best way to go. Besides thier is nothin sweeter then hearin that turbo or tubos wind up and whistle with every shift! Dang, brings a smile to my face just thinkin of that sweet sound!

Last edited by a moderator:

MUDDY

Reaction score
48re w/ dtt full meal deal for me. 416/823 so far. waitin for the new juice and expectin over 500 and aint worried now bout the tranny holdin. and i can use my remote pac-brke too. gonna be over 23,000 gross wid the new 36.5' fiver. hopin for a long life from that tranny, and from what people i know and respect tell me, who have used and abused the dtt stuff, i should have no worries.

smartcontroller does good job keepin tc locked when i want it locked,like down steep hills w/ the pacbrk on

BigSix

Reaction score
Bone stock here sept for the temp gauge. I changed the fluid and filter at 38,000~ and all looked great. We tow a 10,400 lb high profile 5th wheel every chance we get. I don't know how many miles but 10k would be fairly close.
I really like driving an auto that shifts right. I hate driving one that doesn't. My '01.5 had a perfect program in the TCM in my ever so humble opinion. My '03 has a mind of it's own. It keeps the TC locked up which is great but the split second trying to guess what I'm doing with my right foot makes me miss my '98 5spd. My next truck might be a 6spd. Might be pretty soon if I run accross an '04 left over.:D

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dazedandconfused
Well ****, I know that the standard is the best way to go but I have a friend with a new duramax and his brother has a older cummins and they are in need of trans help that is why I posted this. Come on guys who is runnin the slushboxes?

I would go Suncoast in a second if something went wrong with my TorqueShit. Call Joe at Suncoast or Jeff Garmon @ Garmon's Diesel south of Atlanta (866)898-8585. Tell Jeff Andy sent you.

Every 10/11 second Cummins Jeff builds for a customer or races himself has a Suncoast in it and he is running their new 5 plate converters as well. Jeff builds the tranny's for the D'max as well.

BMDMAX on here is running a built Suncoast in his 742 RWHP 12 soon to be 11 second D'max. Send him a PM I know him as well.

Last edited:

justinp20012500

Reaction score
I am running my own.

I took a little that each vendor offered and made one.

Lots of drag racing and sled pulling and still kicken!

Justin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online