what turbo would you use?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a shame i don't have my Buick GN anymore. That damn thing was a true study of having to spool up a turbo before anything happened. You'd mash the go pedal and it will get going somewhat through the intersection, but about midway through the hyperdrive would finally kick in and you were at lightspeed by the time you cross the other side. Never sounded very impressive, just a Hoover vaccumn cleaner on major steroids.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Benz is like that...in slow-motion :thumbsup:
tim-
wait 'til you drive a 220D or a 240D......I sold mime off after trying to cross 19th Av in SF with no help from traffic lights. They get great mileage at the expense of risking your life on opposing traffic as you are trying to accelerate(for the lack of a better word):rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao The '87 190D that I owned for the summer was a rocketship compared to all my other diesel Benzs. I think Gene Luo is still beating that poor thing to death.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Let me start my post by saying this:

WARNING! Hanging around this board is bad for your wallet. If you spend any time around board members in person, this effect is multiplied by 10 :shocked: :D :shocked:

+1 on that Public Service announcement.:D
Been there still doing it......Just don't tell wifey.:eek:

I agree that the wastegated sure will get ya power right off the bat.
Takes awhile for me to get spooled up to 10 lbs.

The good thing with the non gated model is it gives ya some error time when ya punch it, build some boost and then realize the tires are goin but the truck aint on the snowy roads.:eek:
Don't aks me how I know that! :rolleyes:

Tractorboy ya need a good swift kickin if yer takin the 79 out on these salty roads this time of year.:backoff

;Sweet

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Well thanks alot tonkadoctor the wife went into the garage and busted me:eek: She never does that ....who tipped her off:backoff and no Ron I have no heat so luckily it's warming up the next few days. I'll be using the wastegated turbo so the 86 dually crew is now for IMMEDIATE resale with the turbo and complete 3" stainless exhaust. everything under hood was new 40,000 miles ago when the motor was rebuilt. holley blue,radiator, turbo,starter,injection pump+injectors,air pump ECT. the body is showing it's age but it's not that bad, the dually fenders are good as is the rubber. I believe I spun a bearing on the way home and locked it up. $900 takes the whole truck....please.

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks alot tonkadoctor the wife went into the garage and busted me:eek: She never does that ....who tipped her off:backoff

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao Wasn't me....:angel: ;Really

Wives have a 6th sense for those things man...You shoulda known that unless you're a rooky newlywed:love: -Showtits

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Tonkadoctor,You need to change your username to the prophet,:D We celebrated our 4th year december 14th:love:

PP, I'll try to get some pics posted tommorow in the sale section.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We celebrated our 4th year december 14th:love:

Congrats;Sweet No prophet here, just too many times of pulling the same stuff over the last 14 years:love: and getting caught every dang time:rotflmao don't even try to hide it any more.

I leave hints on my computer screen now, whenever I change the puter wallpaper she knows I'm looking at my next toy and starts asking questions while I start the bargaining process:hail :backoff

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't say anything further on that on a public forum, but that doesn't surprise me...

I know one thing, though...if I do ever go that route, I'll be very careful regarding who that is with. I've seen too many divorces (including my parents) to want to deal with one...that's one of my biggest fears in life...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe it's good to stay single? :D

No man....Live Life, Taste Death:rock: ....You'll never know till you try it. Got it right the second time around and glad I did:love:

I get everything I want and need and probably have more toys to show for my money than I would have if I was still single and ******* my money away chasing fast cars and faster women.