What to do first?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Ok I should be able to go pick up the motor Saturday? i've got to work some in the am, then i'll be able to shoot over and pick it up? i've lined up a hoist from the shop at work, so my plan is to change them out, my engine is all apart how hard is it to get it out like that? I still am no sure if i'll just use the heads, but if the new one is usable ?do i rebuild mine for down the road????? :confused:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Heck, you could have gotten new heads for $50 more. I hate using used engine/tranny parts. You just never know what your getting.

Diesel Fly

Body By Rustoleum
Reaction score
fx4wannabe said:
Don't know about the tranny swap but if its a 250 it will have the D50 indepedent front end. 350 would be solid axle D60.

Well mine is an 84 F350 and it has the IFS front axle. I'm assuming it's original since the truck only has 88K miles.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
f-two-fiddy said:
Heck, you could have gotten new heads for $50 more. I hate using used engine/tranny parts. You just never know what your getting.

heads are $250 each used here, if you can find them which i tried. pluse with this engine i get other parts... (IP, Injectors, intake, exhaust, starter, Vpump, oil cooler, etc...) even if its just for core i think $350 is not to bad?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I posted a set of IH rebuilds a coupla days ago. No one bid on them at $399

I've got a set of rebuilt 6.9 heads sitting on my bench.