What no daily update from the Rally????

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the time has come to head back south to Kentucky. We'll be packing up here soon and pull out. The Agne's left not long ago.

Safe and trouble free travels to everyone.

Can't wait for next year.

Heath

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
some random shots I stole from FB

You must be registered for see images

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Shareing helps those of us that are over 4000 miles round trip from the rally.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there was not enough interest in the dyno event to make it worth while for the shop so it was cancelled.

I just got home from an eleven thirty-ish am departure from the rally. I managed 16-17mpg's and had two out of state fill ups for the trip out, the week spent there and the return trip. Not too shabby for a 4:10 equipped truck. The trip went smooth for the most part, needed to balance and rotate the tires in Indiana and address some leaky return lines which arose from pressure washing the engine bay. I will be more careful with that in the future.

A big thanks to Travis for a smooth rally that had entertainment for the kids and the wrench heads alike. It does feel strange missing the campfire and some beers tonight but twas time to go.

Next years rally will indeed be hosted by me and may I give everyone a humble thank you for the opportunity. I am now responsible for quite a few families vacation next year and take that very seriously. The attendees got a small insight as to some of my ideas, good times will be had for all in 2014, I will start a rally thread closer to Christmas so stay tuned. Thanks again Trav and it was a great time seeing everybody this year.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I posted up a recap thread on the rally. I haven't downloaded the pictures from the phone yet. But it was a great rally if I say so myself. As mentioned the Go Karting event was a big hit - and yes there was a moment when things got a little shaky as the head mechanic came out on the track to re issue the rules but a quick talk with the manager and also the owner of the place settled things down - they really bent over backwards for us and let us have fun. As they say rubbing is racing and we were practicing that motto. And yes I didn't touch the brakes - if you got in my way I would shove you either into the wall, do a pit maneuver on you or bump you out of the way. Darrin and I were animals on the track and NO ONE WAS SAFE. I propped my left leg up and didn't mind the brakes at all. Darrin made the comment that because of my weight he could only get a pit maneuver performed on my once - lol.... My kart was firmly planted on the track - the lighter folks spent a lot of time spinning around when they met up with Darrin and I on the track. lol.... it was all in fun and we all had a blast!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Go kart pit manuvers are part of karting. If your in front and driving slower than those behind you... Well guess whats gonna happen. I know I sure would of had fun piting anyone in front of me. I might even have picked on some of you that were there...:sly:angel:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to repost the pictures............ did it work?

How bout these............

You must be registered for see images attach

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks Doc... Those are great pics...:thumbsup: Tell us about the engine. Did Mel build it or did you place the sticker on the oil fill spout. Looks tuff no matter what. Looks like its going to make plenty of hp just by the way its sitting there in the bed.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's Mel's 6.9 that he pulled from the Moosetang....... his IDI bronco....... It's just there for demo purposes. LOL That turbo plumbing is from a Hypermax kit. I'm going to need to mod the Banks stuff to make it work. But, it doesn't appear to be a huge project...... we'll see.

I could really use a wastegated Banks Sidewinder up pipe (turbine inlet)........ the ones I have are currently in use.........LOL If I could use one for mock up on one of my IDI cores, that would save time down the road.

Heath

Last edited: