What is this pressure sensor for?

Sparks-IDI

Reaction score
I have been sorting thru and repairing all the things left to make the truck right. On the filter housing is this pressure sensor. What and where does it go to and operate? Since it looks to be a pressure sensor, I am guessing it may hook to the fuel filter warning light on the dash. The light meaning what, low fuel pressure or maybe filter plugged, please change it? As it is the only one that does not light up at all when I try and start the engine. All the other warning lights briefly light up when you turn the key, except for the wait to start light which stays on for about 10 sec. which is normal. If you look at the picture you can clearly see where it is cracked on the barrel where the push connector is. I have not found a part number or a reference to it in the ford truck manual I have. Checking rock auto, I don't see an reference or part number to it either.

What does it do and where to get one or a recommended part supplier or part number? I took a picture of it.

Attachments

• Pressure Sensor 02.jpg
    Pressure Sensor 02.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Pressure Sensor 01.jpg
    Pressure Sensor 01.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 25

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if it's the plugged fuel filter switch. If you unplug the elbow connector and ground it, a light should light up on the dash with the key in run. Here's a diagram with it on it.

Attachments

• WD_Ford_183929.pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.