What is this folks?

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL join the club my iPad ran out of memory trying to keep up with the need want must fix list

Psolver, that was hilarious! I don't feel so alone now. Was going over all my receipts for parts bought to catch up on the neglected maintenance, I had to quit looking at them, shoved them back in the manilla folder and sighed.

Mike

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got looking on my truck I found the vacuum tube that goes to the CC shutoff switch on the brake pedal had a big hole worn in it. Brakes still worked fine. I think a gauge would be a better choice.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got looking on my truck I found the vacuum tube that goes to the CC shutoff switch on the brake pedal had a big hole worn in it. Brakes still worked fine.
That's because that would only leak vacuum if you tried to run the cruise control - that attaches to the vacuum diaphragm chamber on the cruise, which only gets vacuum based on the 'inlet' solenoid being actuated by the CC computer.
Normally, when you press the brakes, it dumps any vacuum in that chamber which brings the RPM back down to idle instantly.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's because that would only leak vacuum if you tried to run the cruise control - that attaches to the vacuum diaphragm chamber on the cruise, which only gets vacuum based on the 'inlet' solenoid being actuated by the CC computer.
Normally, when you press the brakes, it dumps any vacuum in that chamber which brings the RPM back down to idle instantly.

Good point. Either way I fixed it because I don't like hoses with holes where they shouldn't be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance