What is this folks?

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should trace out the wire but doing to many others things to bring up the maintenance on this 92 F350 dually a friend of mine gave me.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I posted this in the wrong forum, does anyone know how to move this to the 6.9/7.3 IDI forum?
Sorry about that.
Mike

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low vacume sensor if it fails or vacume pump fails the brake light in the cab comes one I belive

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what it does; you can test if it works by disconnecting the vacuum line. The "BRAKE" light should go on. Reconnect it(with the engine idling) and the light should go away.

On my '93, I unplugged the vacuum line... the light finally came on like a week later, even with the line disconnected. Obviously, it wasn't working as intended.

BTW, if your BRAKE light is on, your cruise control won't work. Odd but important fact.

IH_Diesel

Reaction score
If your brakes are not solid, spongy pedal is that a sign of vaccumm pump failure?
My brake light is also on and cruise does not work

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Spongy pedal is air in the system or the start of a leak. If you have no vacuum, the brake pedal is almost impossible to push.....

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.
Yes Jwalterus, it is on the passenger fender mounted.
Give it a test today.

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great idea. Just put that on my list.
This vacuum gizmo has a broken nipple so wasn't even connected. Vacuum pump is hosed directly to vacuum brake booster. I think I will add a vacuum booster cannister. There isn't one in eng compartment.

Mike

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If the vacuum pump feeds directly to the brake booster then you have no cruise control nor any ac heat vents working. when vacuum fails the ac doors fail to the windshield defrost ducts to kep the windshield clear.

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icanfixall, nothing works on this truck except engine, transmission brakes and lights. This will be a restore truck/daily driver work truck. That sensor isn't connected to vacuum as the small plastic nipple for vac hose is snapped off. Have yet to check all warning light bulbs in cab, been preoccupied with engine area now.
My list of things to check on this truck has grown from a couple pages to a spiral notebook.

Mike

Psolver

Reaction score
LOL join the club my iPad ran out of memory trying to keep up with the need want must fix list