What is needed to convert a C6 DNE2 to T19

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a line on a DNE2 overdrive unit for a Ford diesel with a C6 4X4, I want to use it with a T19 2WD, does anyone know what needs to be done to make it work? Thanks a bunch,
JD

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken, but I think the front end of the gearbox is the same for autos as for manuals. The shifting system is likely different, however.

I think, the big issue will be the rear end...you might need a different setup for a 2 wheel drive.

I'm not sure either way...but, if you either can't get it to work on a 2WD or it's more trouble than it's worth, I'd be interested in the unit... :angel:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, I hear you, I'll hook you up with the guy that's selling it if I decide that way. I could kick myself for even considering it but with D2 at $4++ and even my homebrew bio at over $1.50 its definitely worth a look. Do you think it would help much in town? Most of my driving is in the 40-50mph range. 12-13mpg with the C6, the T19 isn't in yet.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that the gains would be more dramatic with the T-19 than with the C6, but you should see a gain either way. That said, I think I'd install it at the same time as the T-19...this way you only have to resize your driveshafts once (I'm assuming you would need to with a trans swap; I'm guessing the C6 is longer than the T-19). You would see more of a gain at 55-65 mph than at 40-50, but I'm sure you would still see an improvement (unless you brought your RPM's down so low that you were luggung)...OTOH, at 13 mpg, you can only go up!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know 13 is pretty crappy, but before the turbo and the new IP I was getting in the low 11s. I still haven't timed this pump right either, its by ear and close, but how close, I don't know. I have the luminosity adapter like towcat has, but I don't have an adjustable strobe timing light.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JD-
post a pic of what you got. You got my curiosity going. if it's a DNE OD for C6 4x4, it would have to go inbetween the trans and transfer case. The BW1345 uses a one piece rear housing and the BW1356 uses a two piece with a removable tail cone. pics pics pics:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have this thing where I can look at it or take pics Calvin. It sounds like it would not work in a 2WD application if it is as you say, guy says its behind a C6 4WD. What do you think?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JD-
if the previous owner had a 1356 case put in, you can hang the DNE off it's butt. if not, it goes in between the trans and transfer case.
pics pics pics:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about what the transfer case has to do with it. I guess I'll have to ask the owner what transfer case is with it. If it is the 1356, does that mean I need it too?

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, the DNE2 is virtually the same as the US Gear Dual Range. I'm almost sure that it goes after the t-case. Seems like swapping adapter kits, though US Gear, was around $500, IIRC.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, the DNE2 is virtually the same as the US Gear Dual Range. I'm almost sure that it goes after the t-case.
I'm about 80% certain that U.S. Gear Dual Ranges go between the tranny and the transfer case. I would imagine the DNE2 does as well, but I can't say with any certainty.

The GearVendors DEFINITELY goes behind the transfer case.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I stand corrected. After a little digging a little onthe USGear website, I found some pice that show it being installed ahead of a t-case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US