What gauges would you install?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well the fuel rail pressure gauge and the HPOP gauge would be a waste for us. Wes could use the NOS pressure gauge though.LOL

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many gauges can you have? Go on ISSPRO.com and look through their catalog.

Here is a good video of some options and what he looks for from them.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Big thing about gauges that hasn't been said, is that you have to know what you're looking at.

I don't place much value on an ammeter. Unless it's using a shunt, they're usually not accurate and can be dangerous. I can diagnose most charging system issues with a voltmeter.

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hall effect shunt does not bring high current cable into cab, so no safety problem, and can switch readout between multiple cables.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is oil pressure, water temp and pyrometer.

I'd think a pyro should come before a voltmeter. Dead batteries are inconvenient. Melted pistons are expensive. Stick a voltmeter where it can be glanced at occasionally.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Primary 3 inside-
Volts
Mechanical Vacuum
Mechanical coolant temp

On hood-
mechanical oil pressure
mechanical fuel pressure

My gauges are mix n' match, but I'm not too vain about such things, they just have to be accurate and always work. I do have an ammeter inside coming off of a 150 Amp shunt on the passenger fender well, but I agree with an earlier response that it is probably not needed. If you are NOT running a turbo then you need a pyrometer more than if you were.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online