What do you think?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice. I don't care much for autos myself but if it is truly a 3 speed its a C6 which is known for being much more durable than the later E40D. I thought 88 was the last year for the E40D, but I'm no expert. Jasper engine indicates a remanufactured engine, which is probably a good thing, though buying an older used truck nothing is guaranteed.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of autos either, but it really does look like a clean truck, but i would at least try and talk him down a grand or so

-Jordan-

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It might be a C6 three speed auto but.... !989 was the very first year for the E4OD four speed auto trans...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4500 seems like a lot for plain old Jane stock truck like that, still not too bad if it has been well taken care of, SCA, maintenance records etc. Eason, my mom is from your area and when I would visit family up there one thing I always noticed was not that many IDIs, surprising in E. NC farm country. Can't say about Raleigh since I haven't been there in a good many years. Maybe I was just looking in all the wrong places, but it seemed like they were rare as hen's teeth so I guess maybe the lack of supply causes them to be more $$ in your area.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idi's in eastern NC

There weren't many sold here. A lot of farmers jumped on the Chevy/GMC 6.2 bandwagon and got soured on diesels. Diesels didn't really take off here untill the powerstrokes. Where is your Mom from? Eason

93Diesel

Reaction score
Clean truck.... since the motor and brakes have been done, the next big expense down the road could be the trans. If it's never been done , it is getting time with the mileage you have listed. This being said, once that it done, you have a very solid dependable truck with many more years of service ;Sweet I've had my IDI going on 9 years 189,000 miles :sly

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Like said, to expensive. I would say if the body/interior is in good condition, $2500-3000 max.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There weren't many sold here. A lot of farmers jumped on the Chevy/GMC 6.2 bandwagon and got soured on diesels. Diesels didn't really take off here untill the powerstrokes. Where is your Mom from? Eason

Eason my mom is from Plymouth, but her dad grew up on a farm outside of Washington. What you're saying explains a lot about the lack of IDIs in the area. My grandparents were pretty much GM only people. My grandfather had one of the early 5.7 diesels in an Olds Delta 88 and he had pretty good luck with it though I understand that wasn't typical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online